Chapter Eleven

WYATT

Wyatt Rafael J. Lazaro

Chief Executive Officer & Ronnie's bitch

The new desk plate was the first thing I noticed the moment I sat behind my desk. My face quickly turned sour as soon as the words started sinking in. Veronica Cordova was one vile woman, she was truly revelling in her win and she had no problem rubbing it in my face.

This woman had been calling me 'her bitch boy' all throughout the weekend. I was being treated as a joke in my own household. Bitch boy. I scowled as I thought of the word again. Isang beses ko pa marinig iyon, I swear I would go ape shit.

The intercom beeped. I pressed the answer button.

"Bitch boy." I almost jumped when I heard her voice through the machine. "Let me in."

I pressed the button to be able to talk through the intercom. "What are you doing here, Veronica?"

"Hello, nakalimutan mo na ba yung bet natin noong isang araw? Sasama ka sa akin sa trabaho ko." She said.

"I have work to do myself." I told her.

It went quiet for awhile, I thought she'd left me alone but then the door to my office opened. In came the warrioress with her new side kick, my PA. Yes. They'd been spending most of their time together. Yesterday, she and Donny insisted on doing the groceries for the house. They left in the afternoon and came home at 8pm because they saw a movie together. She and Donny had their first little movie date and they were even talking about going to the spa together this coming weekend. How cute.

"Hey, bitch boy!" She said with a huge smile on her face. "Did you like your new desk plate?"

Nahilamos ko ang mga palad ko sa mukha. "You're driving me crazy. Ibabalik na kita sa tatay mo."

"Ang OA mo naman. Ang ganda-ganda nga ng bagong desk plate." She stopped in front of my desk and lifted the plate. "Bagay na bagay sa'yo. You should be proud that this has my name on it."

"You." My attention averted to Donny. "May kinalaman ka dito, ano? Siya na lang kaya magpasweldo sa'yo."

"Boss, wala ah. Binabantayan ko lang si Ronnie katulad ng sabi mo." He said.

"Don't pick on him. He has nothing to do with this, pinakiusapan ko yung publicist mo. Halika na, Lazaro. Late na ko sa trabaho. Ano'ng oras na, o!" She impatiently looked down at her wrist watch.

"I have meetings today. I can't just leave work."

"We had a deal. Cancel the meetings." She demanded.

"I can't drop everything-"

"I'm dropping my clothes off for your stupid magazine!" She exclaimed and cocked her head to one side. "You agreed to this, Lazaro."

"Fine." Napahilot na lang ako sa sentido ko. "But I can only stay until-"

"No, you don't make the rules here, Wyatt Lazaro. I do." She crossed her arms over her ample chest, making her breasts pop out more in those seemingly innocent polo shirt. "Kapag hindi ka tumupad sa usapan natin, I will not pose for your magazine."

"Okay, you win." I raised my hands as if surrendering. "But will you please stop calling me bitch boy?"

"No,  bitch boy." She said with a cunning smirk.

Now, I was beginning to understand Phoenix Cordova. I understood why her father went mad. This woman, whose height was only around my shoulders and had a frame of a delicate goddess, was enought to make a man lose his sanity. If I weren't desperate enough to have her on my magazine, I would lock her in a box, drive to the Cordova's and leave the box in front of their gate.