Chapter Eight

RONNIE

Wyatt Lazaro's Sybarite mansion was made to look at, not to live in. I had easily gotten lost in this luxurious maze and it took me five minutes of walking around to find the grand staircase. The longer I stay here, the longer I start to feel like this was some kind of Renaissance museum with bedrooms. All the marbled pillars and priced paintings on the wall of the hallways, all these wealth was screaming for attention.

I made my way down the marble staircase, my hands gliding along the gold gilt railing. If walls could only talk I knew it would have a lot of stories to tell. Nakikita ko lang ang loob ng mansyon na ito sa mga pictures na kumakalat tuwing naghohost si Wyatt Lazaro ng Sybarite party. I'd seen pictures of women inside this house in clothings that almost leave nothing to do imagination, some without clothes on. Heck! I wasn't a prude. I had no problem with nudity. Hindi naman ako magtatanggal ng pang-itaas sa harap ng gate ng mansyon na ito kung ganon lang din. I wouldn't have any problem at all if those women weren't used as props or some kind of object. There had been pictures and videos of women in obscene situations. Like the body buffet they had at last year's party. They had a naked woman laid on a table and food were placed on top of the naked body. And also that picture where a topless woman who had two grown men latching on each breasts. I shook my head mindlessly, revolted at the images that flashed through my mind.

"Veronica!" Lumapit si Donny sa akin pagtapak ko sa pinakahuling baitang ng hagdan. "Ang aga mo naman magising."

Isang simpleng ngiti lang ang isinagot ko sa kanya. He answered back with a wide smile.

"Gusto mo bang mag-almusal?"

Ngayon lang ako nakaramdam ng gutom. I hadn't eaten dinner last night. I just watched Wyatt eat his food. So many had happened yesterday and all I wanted was to get through the day.

"Teka, nasaan ba si Wyatt?" I asked. I was having second thoughts whether I should have breakfast here or just grab a bite somewhere else. Nakikitira na nga lang ako, makikikain pa ako. Baka naman kasi sabihin niya nakikitira na nga ako, makikikain pa ako.

"Nagjogging si boss sa labas. Katatapos lang kasi mag-lift sa gym niya. Ibinilin ka niya sa akin."

"Ganon ba?" I bit my bottom lip and my stomach growled again. "Ano'ng breakfast ngayon?"

"Hindi ko alam kay chef pero nagluluto na siya ngayon. May gusto ka bang pagkain?"

Kumunot ang noo ko. "As in personal chef?"

"Oo, si Chef Roy. Magaling yun. Dati kasi siyang chef ng Prime Minister ng Italy."

This shouldn't even surprise me. Wyatt's lifestyle was as extravagant as his house. We were a huge family in our house with my sister and her 4 sons with us lalo na kapag dumadating si Kuya Coco and Kuya Miggy with their family. But Mama does all the cooking for us with the help of our helps. Wala kaming personal chef. Wyatt had this home all to himself with a personal chef who was once the chef of a Prime Minister, a personal assistant, a butler, and about a million helps.

We walked into the kitchen. As I expected, his state of the art kitchen was as luxuriously gaudy as the rest of his home. It was renaissance styled too with carved cherry woods and dark marbled countertops and cabinets. A stout man in white chef uniform was there when we went in.

"Good morning." Magiliw na bati ng lalaki.

"Chef, ano'ng breakfast natin?" Tanong ni Donny.

"We're having smoked salmon souffle with blue cheese and spinach for breakfast and tropical parfait for dessert." He beamed.

It was the kind of food we only eat when we're at a fancy hotel. We eat real food at home. And blue cheese? I never liked it. I wouldn't touch it if it was the last thing on earth.