Chapter 28

~~

We sit on the couch and I begin talking.

"Ok, well when I was 8 years old I lost my best friend to cancer. I got really sad, I haven't been the best at making friends so I was alone. When my parents adopted Chrissy I was really happy, but then I realized everyone wanted to hang out with her and not me. We moved later that year to L.A and that was even worse. It's not like I had any friends anyways but it was a new place we had to get used to. By the time we were 13 I was super depressed. I was forced to be best friends with my siblings and my sisters best friend. Chrissy got prettier and nicer and it seemed like I got uglier and meaner. Katie got into drugs and alcohol and she got me into it as well. I- I held in all these emotions for so long. I started YouTube and it really helped me through a lot. I started to do bad things, horrible things. I tried to take my own life Shawn." I start shuddering and tears come rushing out.

"That's why you mean so much to me you're always there. When we didn't talk for those few weeks, I felt alone again, sorry for overreacting...."

Shawn just stares at me. "Leila, you are beautiful, nice, amazing, and wonderful. I love you. I really do."

I smile, "Shawn, I love you too, please don't ever leave me." I start to tear up and he embraces me.

"I won't, I promise."

~~

Later that night I go into the kitchen to start dinner. Shawn follows me and watches me from the counter.

Whenever I go over to where he is to get something he gives me a kiss.

After about three times of going over there I decide to "confront" him.

"Shawn, you're really distracting, you know that right." I say, half smiling.

He chuckles and comes over to me, "Yea, I know."

He leans down to kiss me but I back away, teasing him.

"Nope." I giggle.

He rolls his eyes and walks into the living room.

I finish dinner and call him over to the table.

"Well look at us, a married couple in training."

I giggle, "We are only 15, mister."

We eat in silence before Shawn speaks up.

"Leila, I want a future with you. I know we are only 15 and we have only been dating for a little bit but I love you, I really do."

I get up and walk over to him, sitting on his lap, facing him.

"I love you too, and I want a future together as well."

I kiss him and it ends up turning into a full out make out session.

"Well, should we go upstairs?" Shawn breathes.

"Yeah." I say, smiling a little.

I wrap my legs around his waist and we start walking towards the stairs when there's a knock on the door.

"Ugh." We groan in unison.

I trudge over to it and open it up.

"Oh, hi Aaron, hi Dillon..."

"Hi!" They say.

Shawn comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. I start to blush and smile at his protectiveness.

"Oh... sorry, did we interrupt something..?" Dillon asks awkwardly.

I shake my head no and let them in. "I take it Taylor's at Emi's?"

"Yes. We found Cam too but he's with Amy."

"Well, if you're looking for a place to hang with friends, you've come to the wrong place." Shawn says.

They look at each other and leave. I promise them we'd hang out soon.

"So, now what do we do?" Shawn asks me.

"Hmm... I don't know.. wanna watch a movie?"

We go into the living took and turn on a random movie. We don't really watch it though, we just spend the whole time making out.

We eventually turn off the movie and head up to bed.

"Goodnight babe." Shawn says, wrapping his arms around me as we fall asleep.