Battle Strategies

Team RWBY sat in their dorm room in Beacon, talking about battle strategies against wild Grimm with team JNR.

“I say we should have Ruby use her new upgrade to Crescent Rose to shoot Nora, hence powering her up, have Nora hit Yang, activating her semblance, have Weiss boost Yang up with her glyphs, and finally have Blake slow the  Grimm down. Ren can use his ninja skills to distract the monster and I can help give Nora a boost with my shield,” Jaune was saying.

“That seems too complex though, Jaune,” Ruby critiqued. “It would work well for something like the Vytal Tournament, though.”

“What if we have different pairs for different Grimm?” Blake spoke up.

“Yes,” Ren said. “That could work. Pick pairs whose semblances complement each other, or who works well together.”

“WAIT WAIT WAIT WAAAIIIIT!” Nora yelled. “There are only seven people!”

“Well,” Weiss said, finally speaking, “we'd need someone to manage the battle…”

“Yes! Someone who has leadership skills!” Yang agreed.

“Someone like Jaune?” Ruby asked.

All the students looked at Jaune expectantly. “Ok, ok,” he conceded. “Although I'm sure this is just an elaborate plan to get me out of the action…”

Everyone looked slightly guilty, then hurried to comfort him.

“No!”

“Of course not…”

“Definitely not!”

“Why would we do that?”

“What do you take us for?!”

“Well… maybe….” Everyone looked at Ren, angry. “I'm just saying!” he said, throwing his hands up in the air.

~~Later with team RWBY~~

“Well, discussing battle strategies was fun… I guess…” Blake said from behind her book when Ruby asked everyone what they thought of that morning.

“I loved Ren and Blake’s idea,” Weiss said, glancing shyly over at the cat faunus.

“So did I!” Yang said. “Ruby and I have fought together for so long we already know each other's strengths, weaknesses and have already developed strategies together!” (A/N I don't ship Yang and Ruby because incest is illegal)

“Great! Now we just need to talk to Jaune, Nora and Ren, then we can practise!” Ruby was very excited.

Just then, Weiss’ scroll started to buzz. She looked at it. “It's Father…” Her face was pale, and she looked like she was about to faint. “He never calls when he knows I'm in school. What could he possibly want?” She answered the call and waited…

~~Same time, but with team JNR~~

“Well, wasn’t that fanTASTIC?!” Nora ran around team JNR’s dorm room. “omg omg omg, Ren you came up with the BEST plan!”

Ren looked embarrassed. “It was Blake who thought of it…” he said quietly.

“I know, silly, but you expanded on the idea! Boop.” She giggled as she tapped Ren’s nose with her finger.

“You know what we have to do now, right?” Jaune asked.

“Yes! I need more caffeine!” Nora screamed.

“No, you don't!” Ren said sternly, pressing his hand against Nora’s mouth, pulling her away from Jaune and effectively shutting her up.

“What we need to do,” Jaune continued, seemingly oblivious to Nora’s outburst, “Is to talk with team RWBY and see who's paired with who, seeing as our pair is obvious.”

And so they walked out across the hallway to team RWBY’s dorm, and knocked.

The door was opened by a red and puffy eyed Weiss, who invited them in, sniffling. Team JNR looked at each other. Weiss didn't normally cry. Then Weiss said:

“Oh, you're here. I have bad news…”

+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=+×÷=

So, that's the first chapter. What do you guys think? Like it? Hate it? Any suggestions welcome. I hope you like it.

I will be updating as much as I can