↳ christmas party

( CHRISTMAS PARTY )
by lotsoffandomimagines

When you first heard that Veronica was throwing a Christmas party you really had no intention on showing up. It didn't really matter that it was the holiday season, you just did not enjoy going to parties in general. However Veronica caught wind that you weren't planning on going to the event and she confronted you and wouldn't leave until you ultimately agreed to make an appearance.

So here you were, awkwardly knocking on the door to the Lodge residence. A few seconds after you knocked Veronica answered the door, greeted you cheerfully, then ushering you inside her home. The whole gang was here. Archie, Betty, Josie, and even Jughead who you knew for a fact couldn't stand social gatherings either.

"I'm so happy you're here" Veronica said, a pearly white smile making its way across her gorgeous face.
"Oh if you get hungry we have a fully stocked snack bar" she explained motioning toward a table on the other side of the room "try to have fun okay?".

You nodded and shot Veronica a forced smile before you made your way to the snack table. Perhaps having something to eat would ease your nerves. Examining the table you couldn't stop your jaw from dropping. Cute little pastry's were scattered across the surface and it smelled so delicious, like chestnuts and peppermint. You were about to grab a treat when a firm hand grabbed your shoulder.

You spun around and came face to face with none other than Reggie Mantle himself. It wasn't too surprising that he was here, the jock made an effort to show up to as many parties as possible.

"Hey [Y/N]" Reggie smirked, visibly looking at you up and down carefully. "Didn't think I'd run into you at this Christmas party. Thought you weren't really into these sort of things".

"I'm not" you stated matter of factly "but Veronica convinced me to come".

"Hmm, really? Well I'm happy she did" all of a sudden, totally unexpectedly Reggie leaned forward so his lips almost came in contact with your earlobe.
"Hope I catch you under the mistletoe beautiful".

You blushed profusely as the jock took a step away from you, winked, then walked away casually as if nothing had happened. Veronica, who had witnessed the entire scene take place rushed over to you once Reggie had left and began talking to Archie.

"What did Reggie say to you?" Veronica asked, taking in your flustered expression.

You cleared your throat.
"Nothing special really. You know, just Reggie spewing utter nonsense" you replied, trying to laugh it off as if the exchange meant nothing. Your heart, however was telling another story. You knew Reggie flirted with a ton of people but even so, the beating in your chest would not cease.

You hated to admit it, even to yourself but art of you hoped that you ended up under the mistletoe with Mantle the Magnificent at some point. Maybe it was a good thing that you showed up to this party.