↳ go home

( GO HOME ) 
by iwritetrashimagines

Reggie knew as soon as you stepped out of your car dressed like you'd just rolled out of bed that you didn't feel good. When he came up to you and could see the dark circles around your eyes, of course he worried. He knew you weren't going to just miss school. You weren't the type. So there you were, standing at your locker with Reggie, despite feeling like death. He wasn't going to just let you suffer at school when you should be at home

"You don't feel good." Reggie said, leaning against the locker next to yours. It amazed him that you could feel so horrible and still look just as beautiful as any other day. You were perfect in every aspect to him, but you didn't know that.

Reggie has been your best friend since your freshman year when you moved to Riverdale and Chuck Clayton had tried to make a move on you. Reggie hadn't even known you existed before that moment, but for some reason he just couldn't let Chuck do that to you. Right after Reggie's fist made contact with Chuck's jaw, he had flashed you this goofy smile, and you knew that you and him would be friends. Little did either of you know, you were going to develop feelings for each other, Reggie probably more than you. Now, you weren't just Reggie's best friend, you were his world. There wasn't a moment where he wasn't thinking of you in some way. Reggie Mantle was in love with you. He'd realized that a while ago. However, he had no clue how to tell you, or whether he should or not. You were so good, and he was nowhere near as good. Also, how does one tell the person they're in love with that they're in love with them when they have no experience in being one with their feelings? Reggie had never had a serious relationship. He'd only ever messed around. (Y/N) was the only girl that Reggie had ever seriously seen himself with long-term. He was struggling to find a way to tell her how he felt. She made him nervous. She awoken butterflies in his stomach. She made him feel things that he didn't understand, but he loved it.

"I don't know what you're talking about." You replied, side-eyeing him. He looked great. Of course he knew you didn't feel good. He knows you better than you know yourself sometimes.

Reggie raised an eyebrow at you for a moment before putting his hand against your forehead. This simple skin-to-skin contact would've left you blushing if your skin wasn't already warm.

"You're running a fever. Why are you here?" Reggie's hand slipped from your forehead to your cheek as his thumb ran loosely over your cheekbone. You leaned into his hand, finding the movement comforting.

"I have a trig test 5th hour. I couldn't not come."

"I have that same test and I'm telling you that you definitely could've stayed home. So. You're going home."

"No, Reggie, I'm not." His name slipping off your lips made his heart swell.

"(Y/N). The first bell hasn't rang yet. You still have time to leave. Go home."

"Make me, Reginald." You said, a smirk pulling at the corners of your mouth.

"I will. Come on, I'm taking you home." Reggie took your hand in his, pulling you out of the school and to his car.

"Reggie. My car." You groaned. You really didn't want to leave your car at school.

"I'll bring you up to the school to get it once you're better. For now, you can just deal with mine. My Lady," Reggie sent you a goofy smile as he opened the door for you.

Reggie closed my door with my backpack in his hand. As he got in on the other side he sat it in the back. The last time you were in this car was before Jughead and Archie used it to stage a drag race. Reggie turned his car on and looked at you.