Prolouge

Snow. I remember snow. How it fell over the dead bodies of my friends. It made everything seem to beautiful and so surreal, that I was tempted to stick out my tongue, and catch the flakes. But I didn't. I knew, mixed among them, were the ashes of Lake Town. The burned out houses of the town was scattered among the snow.

Fílí had told me he would meet me back at Erebor, and I believed him. But my tongue felt like lead, when I saw his body laying in the snow. Usually his eyes were filled with humor, but now they were dark and cold.

Kílí, Fílí, and Thorin had died. Their bodies lay ice cold in the snow.

Why them? I had asked myself. Why them, and not me?

This question was burnt brazen into my head, repeating itself over and over. I had loved Fílí, more than what a sister feels for a brother. I know it to be true.

But now he is gone. Buried next to his uncle and brother.

And what is to remain of me? An empty shell of what I once was.

Azog had slit my throat, leaving me to die in the snow. He was my rapist, and now my killer.

But I did not die that day, but I wish I had. Life came in the form of an Ellon named Legolas Greenleaf. I still remember the first time I saw him. I was poisoned by spider venom, and he saved me.

To my poison induced mind he looked like an angel. This might sound crazy, but he truly looked like one. It confused me. Why did he save me? Could he not tell I wanted to die?

I am not myself. I should have died in the snow. But I didn't.

Dedicated to CelticWarriorQueen17 and xoxoGlamGirlxoxo