IX: Always...

Yara's POV

As the Council is dismissed, I go over to Glóin and his son.

"It has been some time, friend," I comment, going over. Glóin smiles at me,"Talin." My heart clenches upon hearing that name.

No, I tell myself. Do not start crying. Do not start crying. But the tears already come, remembering the times before the Battle, before Fílí, and Thorin and Kílí died. Yes, I love Legolas, but those Dwarves signified something in me, something in me that is now dead. Something I can never get back.

"Oh, lass..." Glóin murmurs. He hugs me, so I hug him back. The tears now flow freely, so I pull away from the hug, to wipe my face. Glóin takes my hand, then squeezes it,"things will be better." I nod,"they will. Somehow, they will. Thank you, Glóin. It has been well to see you, my friend." I curtsy, then walk away.

After wandering around, aimlessly, I find Legolas sitting on a bench, reading, so I sit next to him. I lay my head on his shoulder, then shut my eyes.

"What is it?" Legolas asks, shutting the book. He wraps his arms around me, and I bury my head into his chest. I begin crying again, not caring if anyone walks by and sees.

"Yara, I am here," Legolas whispers in my ear. I am shaky, and in pain. A pain that rocks me to my core. Why must I be this way? Why must my luck be bad? I miss my siblings, I miss my mother, I miss everyone who was close to me, and died. Why did they have to receive such an injustice?

 Why did they have to receive such an injustice?

"Let the past die," I whisper. "Kill it, if you have to. That's the only way to become who you were meant to be..." Legolas takes my face in his hands, then sits next to me on my bed,"that is not true, Yara. There are some parts of your past that you should not forget. Do you really want those gone?"

"I do not care," I sob. Legolas sighs, then brushes my hair away from my face,"you are flustered. You need to calm down." He helps me stand, then takes my hand and squeezes it. I wipe my face, promising to not cry. Legolas reaches out, and brushes his fingers against the scar on my neck, making me shiver.

This Ellon in front of me. I love him with all my heart. I would die for him, if it came to that.

I wrap my arms around Legolas' chest, so he kisses my forehead

I wrap my arms around Legolas' chest, so he kisses my forehead. As of right now, we are curled up in my bed, neither of us suitable for anyone else's eyes. But this time, I know I am not going to get angry. I have promised myself that much.

"I love you," Legolas whispers in my ear.

"I love you, too," I whisper back. He smiles at me,"you know, there is a celebration going on, and we are most likely expected to make an appearance." I shake my head,"I do not care. I want to spend time with you."

"But we will still be able to spend time down there," he tells me, soothingly. I sigh,"alright. Let us go, then, shall we?" We both stand, then get dressed, small smiles splayed on both of our lips.

We go to where the celebration is, and when we enter, both of our fathers' heads turn to look at us. I blush, and hide behind Legolas. He instantly takes my hand, and stands next to me,"do not be afraid."

"I am not afraid," I hiss at him. "But I am nervous at what our fathers will say."

"I have no care as to what our fathers will say," Legolas tells me, holding my face. "I have no care of what anyone will say. Our choices are our own." I smile at his reassuring words, then stride over, more confident, to our fathers. Their faces look a combination of angry, hurt, and sad. My father gives a simple head shake, while Thranduil gives us both a glare that could kill.

"Where is the small one?" I ask them. "The one who volunteered to take the Ring to Mordor?"

"He is over there, by the other small ones," Thranduil tells me. "I'm sure you'd blend in well enough yourself." I flinch at his words. Of course, he is going to want to berate me, beat me down, make me think less of myself. That is what Thranduil does, he bullies others he thinks to be lesser.

From the corner of my eye, I can see Legolas glare at his father, then lead me away,"Yara, let us go."

"He thinks I am not enough," I murmur, in disbelief. "He thinks lesser of me. . ." This makes Legolas stop in his tracks

"Yara, Celebsanga, whichever you prefer," he says, rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles. "I love you. I do not think less of you. And I will bring you with me, straight to Mirkwood's future Queen." I stare at him in disbelief,"you honestly think I'd be good enough to be a Queen?" Never before has anyone said anything like that to me, not even my siblings.

"Yes, I do," he tells me. "Now, let us go see the Hobbit who created this snowball effect."

I feel cruel, cold hands pressing against my back

"The little whore dog is going to die!" Azog's raspy voice cuts through the frigid air. On top of the hill, I can see the shapes of Dwarves running, so I pray to the Valar that they will have the sense to leave.

"I would make you watch your friends die one by one, but I will have much more joy in killing you myself," the pale faced Orc tells me. I shake in anger,"you will PAY for this." He smirks at me.

"No. YOU will pay."

With those words, a sword is drawn across my throat, and I collapse, not being able to scream, not being able to speak, the blood already welling up in my throat, so if I wanted to scream, I would just gurgle.

I wake up with a scream, trying to sit up, but instead feel a powerful pair of arms holding me down. I struggle, still stuck in the nightmare.

"No! No!" I yell, trying to escape.

"Yara, calm down!" Legolas tells me, holding me tight. Upon realizing where I am, I stop screaming. My cheeks are soaked in tears, making me wonder how long I was crying.

"Yara, love, I am here," Legolas tells me. "I am here."

So, sorry, for not updating. 😂😂 I got distracted by my other books. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the shitty, not crappy, chapter, cause it's like 10:33 here, and I'm pushing through my writer's block on this story. I'm trying.

Oh, and this story is ranked #14 when you search Legolas Greenleaf in stories!