III: Choices

(TRIGGER WARNING)

Yara's POV

Three months have passed since I arrived in Mirkwood. Three long, and tiring months. I spend most of my in my room or in the library, avoiding everyone and anyone I can. That is what I am doing today. Avoiding people in the library. But, someone has other ideas. Lura comes over to me, and sits on the couch next to me, book in her hand.

"Are you alright?" she asks. I shake my head,"no."

"You look broken," Lura comments. I sigh,"I am broken."

"Can you be fixed?" she asks. I shake my head again,"no. You can't fix me. Others have tried and failed." Lura looks sad about this,"o-oh..."

I sigh, then re-shelve my book. I leave the library, and Lura, behind, and go to my room, wanting to be left alone.

Third Person POV

Legolas goes back to his room, after a long day of training with the guards. His muscles are sore, and all he wants is to go take a long warm bath.

When he gets to his room, he finds a note on the floor. Picking it up, he begins to read.

Legolas,

I am sorry. I know what I have to do, but I do not know if I have the power to do it. But, if I write you this letter, I know I will. My decision cannot be moved, I have already chosen it. I am sorry to leave this Earth, and not give a full reasons.

You try to fix me, but I am broken. Others have tried but they failed.

Legolas, when you look at the Moon and Stars, you look at them like they were made for you. Own the stars, and forget I ever existed. Please. Forget me, that will make this easier.

By sunrise I shall be gone.

Sincerely,
Yara

Dropping the letter, Legolas barrels down the halls, to Yara's room. He knocks on the door, but when no answer comes, he tries to open the door.

It is locked.

Legolas' POV

Yara's door is locked. Why did she lock it? I need to get in, make sure she is alright. So I make the only decision that could possibly save a life. I kick down the door, then run in.

The sight that greets me, sends my insides cold.

Yara hangs, her face pale, her lips already turning a slight shade of blue. Panic begins to settle into me, and I stand there in shock for heartbeats of time. When I finally am able to think straight, I grab a fallen chair, and cut Yara down. I then lay her on the ground, and check her pulse. I cannot feel one. I almost lose hope. Yara Copperslayer is dead. She has killed herself. I could have done something. I check for a pulse again, not truly believing she would kill herself.

And there it is. Faint, and very weak, but still, she has a pulse.

She is still alive.

"What was that noise?" I hear Andriel ask. She enters the room. I look at her,"get help. Go!" She nods then runs off. I cradle Yara.

"Fight what holds you, Yara," I mutter. "Fight for your life, do not give yourself over to death."

***

"She lives."

I look up,"what?"

"Yara, she lives," my father repeats. I give a breath of relief, and he continues. "If you had not acted, then she may have died, but you saved her. How did you know?"

"The letter," is all I answer. My father walks away, and I look back down at the floor.

Yara's POV

How am I not dead? WHY am I not dead? I try to move, but I cannot. My vision fully returns, and standing above me is Legolas. Of course. He must have saved me. I knew I should not have written that letter! Curse my stupid ways!

"Yara, why did you do this?" he asks.

"No," I say, shaking my head.

"No? No what?" he asks. It is evident he is getting angry with me.

"I just wanted to die, Legolas!" I yell."Why did you not let me die!?" Legolas' face falls, and I realize he does not know if I mean he should have let me die today or at the Battle.

He shakes his head, and storms out. It makes me wish I was better at speaking to others, that way I could have taken the situation better.

"What is the matter with me..."

So. What did you think? This, personally, was the hardest chapter to write. I was crying every time I was editing it.

Oh, I also would like some song recommendations for future chapters, so I can get a Soundtrack going.