Chapter XXIX

Chapter Twenty-Nine // You saved yourself Erika

I looked at her slightly shocked by the question and I cleared my throat.

"Well." I began. "We are a species who's afraid of being alone right?" I asked and she nodded. "So I think we fall in love because we don't want to be alone and when we truly love someone you don't feel alone." I said. "We love because we know we can, we weren't destined to be emotionless I don't think we are here to live alone. I think we're here to enjoy life to breathe with someone else. I think we were placed here to save lives and to make them see the world in the light."

She nodded. "Just like how you saved me." She whispered smiling at me.

"I didn't save you." I shook my head. "You saved yourself Erika." I shook my head.

"If you didn't find me Jayden I would be dead. I would've proved everyone right, you saved me." She said shaking her head at me.

"But you choose to continue breathing ever since they revived you." I pointed out and she became quiet.

"You still saved me Jayden." She looked up at me and I wanted to deny it.

"Then you saved me." I said.

"How?" She asked confused.

"You made me wanna feel again." I pulled her closer to me.

"Really?" She sounded slightly surprised and I nodded.

"Hmmm." She hummed.

I moved a strand of hair and that's when she surprises me.

"I want a haircut." She said suddenly and I was taken back. 'What?"

"I want my hair cut to my shoulders." She said grabbing onto her long hair then looking at it.

"Fine." I said. "Tomorrow you will get your wish." I said and she grinned then kissing me.

"Thank you for not getting upset. I feel like I've just holding back and my long hair is a reminder of my dark days. I want a fresh start." she said and I understood.

She amazed me in so many way.

I kissed her nose and she hugged me.

I walked with her upstairs and we laid on my bed.

She cuddled with me and she slowly started to drift off. "I wanna stay like this for a little while longer." She muttered then falling asleep.

I kissed her head and fell asleep as well.

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

"Turkey day! Turkey day!" Eli sang as he danced to the table with plates to set down.

My mom always wanted to have everyone dressed up and we all did it for her.

I fixed my tie in the mirror downstairs and looked at my hair. It never behaved properly when I needed it to. I decided hell with it and washed the gel out.

Erika passed by in a white dress and I took a step back to look at her yet again.

Her hair was waved and to her waist just how I remembered it.

"Katie?" she called out looking slightly lost.

I watched as she looked helpless.

"She's in the kitchen." I then say and she jumped ever so lightly.

"Jayden." She breathed. "You scared me." She smiled then and I saw her feel reassured. "Thank you." She nodded and I grinned at her.

She made her way downstairs