iii. Nightmares

oh yes look at that v aesthetic picture mhhhm

also, includes abuse, so yeah

●●●

Will rolled his eyes as he hopped on his bike, so did the other four boys. Mike glanced over the boys and spoke.

"Hey, my family's on vacation, wanna come have a sleep over? Ten hours of D&D? Movie night?" Mike listed off and he pedaled his bike, the others following behind.

"Sounds good to me!" Dustin exclaimed as he smiled his toothless grin, which made Lucas chuckle. Will rolled his eyes.

"What are we? Eight? It sounds stupid." Will complained and squinted his eyes at the raven haired boy next to him.

"Sure, you just don't wanna be caught staring at me, Cutie." Mike shrugged as he made his statement. Will froze and felt his cheeks warm up. He bit his lip and looked down at the ground, not caring that he might make his bike fall, bringing him along.

"Um, what!? I-ugh, the only reason I'd be staring at you is because I wonder how you can live with your awful face." Will stammered, he heard Dustin laugh.

"Oh c'mon, ever since you two met you've had a thing for each other." Lucas said. Will furrowed his eyebrows at his friend.

"Are you kidding me? It's Mike that's all over me, I rather jump off a cliff." Will said as he rolled his eyes, which made Mike smile.

"You know, you're cute when you're all mad and flustered," Mike began, "I mean, it makes your whole face red and it's adorable." Mike finished, Will glared at him.

"You have five seconds to run before no one hears from you again, Mikey."

Mike widened his eyes. "Looks like someone needs a nap, eh Cutie?"

"Yeah, you need a permanent nap." Will chuckled before taking another a turn to his home. "See you later losers, or not." He taunted.

Mike winked at the brunette before saying, "Bye Cutie! Don't forget, sleepover at my place, 5 o'clock!" He and the other two left, talking their usual thing. Dustin then left, leaving Mike and Lucas to mindlessly talk about their lives.

"Why do you like him?" Lucas questioned his friend. Mike scrunched his nose at Lucas and squinted his eyes.

"What?"

"Like, why do you like Will?" Lucas asked again, Mike opened his mouth a bit, as if to say something, but closed it, staying silent.

"Well, uh, I don't know." Mike said, "I just do. I mean, he's cute and passionate, and on the inside he's really kind. He's just...it's like he put up a wall, and behind that wall is just a small, lovable, cute boy who deserves the world." Mike said softly, his lips turning into a smile. Lucas snickered.

"Head over heels for this guy. Anyways, gotta go. See ya Mike!" Lucas shouted and waved as he left Mike all on his own. Mike rode his way home, mind filled with thoughts and ideas about what to do at the sleepover.

He entered his home and instantly went down to his basement, pulling out a game of D&D, sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, and his walkie talkie. He ran upstairs and scanned through the kitchen cabinets to find snacks.

"What the hell?" Mike cursed to himself at the realization that the rest of his family probably took snacks for vacation. He regretted saying no a bit, but shook it off. He ran upstairs and looked through his entire room, not a single penny. He walked into Nancy's room. He opened the drawers, one by one, until he found the piggy bank he knew she'd hidden.