iv. Christmas Eve

HERE'S A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL FOR MY LOVELY READERS !!! I KNOW IT'S THE 24TH BUT PRETEND IT'S ALREADY CHRISTMAS TY

●●●

Will walked downstairs to the kitchen, only to see his mother and brother cooking. Will shrugged and walked up to Joyce and Jonathan, giving them both a quick hug before getting a glass of water.

"Hey honey, how'd you sleep?" Joyce asked Will as he drank his water. He shrugged again.

"Okay." He responded, then looked at decorated room, the Christmas lights on the walls and ceiling, stockings pinned on the fire place, and presents sitting under their bright Christmas tree.

"Oh, Will. I forgot, I need you to clean up your room and get dressed around 1 in the afternoon." Joyce demanded as she placed a plate of bacon and eggs on the dinning table, in front of where Will was sitting. He looked up at his mother in confusion.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"We're inviting people over for Christmas dinner! All of your friends as well. Dustin, Lucas, Ellie, Mike." Joyce said as she told Jonathan to give her the butter from the fridge. Will's heart skipped a bit when he heard Mike's name. He was about to complain, but he guessed it wouldn't be that bad.

"Fine." He groaned slightly before eating his breakfast. At least he had something to look forward to. And as much as he hates to admit, that something is Mike. But Will didn't want to like Mike. All because he knew that Mike would leave him in the dirt, would betray him, would shatter his heart into a million pieces like it was before.

And Will couldn't feel that heart wrenching pain again.

●●●

It was 1:05, Mike was combing his hair to go to his crush's house. Will Byers. Now that he thought of it, he'd never gone to Will's house before. Will had gone to his house and to El's. He wondered what his family was like. He'd seen his brother before. Jonathan was his name? He looks like a cool guy, chill, and overall just nice to hang out with. Nancy had talked to him a few times as well.

"Michael! Hurry up, or we'll be late!" His mother, Karen, called from downstairs. Mike groaned and rolled his eyes.

"I'm coming!" He yelled back. Once he finished he ran down the stairs, jumping on the last step. "Let's go, c'mon!" He said excitedly as he walked out the front door and jumped into his dad's car.

"Hey, wait for us!" Ted yelled, stuffing a last bit of chicken in his mouth before leaving.

The Wheelers soon arrived to Will's house, along with Lucas, his mom, his dad, and his younger sister. Dustin and his mom as well, his mom even brought Mews with them. Wow, and Mike thought his mom was weird. Mike looked at the house in front of him, and saw Will standing next to Joyce and his brother Jonathan.

Mike felt his cheeks flush red when his eyes landed on Will. His hair was perfectly placed, not one strand loose. Unlike Mike's hair, which was curly and wild. His hazel eyes looked even more beautiful every time Mike looked at them, so full of color, Mike's eyes were dark and plain. Nothing special. His smile warmed up his insides while at the same time squeezing them until he fainted. He stared for a bit too long, because Will noticed.

"Hello! How are you Karen!" Joyce welcomed Karen by giving her a hug, as well as Lucas' mom and Dustin's. She also hugged all the dad's. They engaged in their own conversation. Mike looked around and noticed El still wasn't there. He shrugged, it wasn't unusual of her to be late, in fact, it was unusual for her to be on time. All the adults, and sibling, went inside, leaving Mike and the three others alone.