Ares: My God Of War (malexmale) Chapter β

What the hell does he want? He shouldn't even be here! The hell is he thinking? Those were my first thoughts that I had when I spotted the God I hated the most after Zeus. Most people were awed when they saw him; he was just a bit taller than me, sun kissed skin, glowing golden hair and a very lyrical voice.

"Marcus! How are you my dear boy?" Turning away from one of my workers, he smiled at me. "Get your hands off my workers Apollo; they are not your muses or your playthings." He even had the nerve to hug close to his chest. "You know very well that I only play like that with you Marcus." Apollo purred in my ear. Horny bastard, he knows very well that I don't do hugs, and I am not one of his playthings!

Shoving him away from me, I glare at him "Well? What brings you to this humble café? I don't believe it really suits your taste in things. Apollo likes shiny, huge, expensive things. Everything our café doesn't have. He glanced around, "Can't we talk somewhere more private? I don't think you want to share this type of information with all these people around. It's about your one true εραστής." He used the Greek word for  lover, there was nothing I could do but laugh at him; I mean I was told that I would never know my true mate or lovers name because I had none.

Apollo didn't seem to enjoy being laughed at, he actually frowned at me. Being the pretty boy that he is, I must have offended him to make him frown like that at me. "He didn't tell you?" that made me frown, who would tell me anything? Nobody tells me anything besides the usual crap about how we shouldn't interfere with our demi-God children's lives and shit. He should know that, in fact I am the only one who has been kept on a short leash about true mates and such. I wasn't even aloud to know my true mates name, while everybody else knew theirs and went to look for them.

Around then was the time I gave up on ever knowing anything of great importance. I am just a nameless pawn in Lord Zeus' game. I accepted that, after centuries of trying to please him I just gave up on everything. The only thing that keeps me sane these days are the quiet whispers of the prayers my demi-God children sent to me. The thought of death gave me some peace, after all has been said and done I will die and join Uncle Hades gang of the dead. This is because I will keep my word of never ever returning to Mount Olympus.

"Fine, come with me to my office we can talk there." Sitting behind the desk where the owner sat when he gave me the job, I gesture for Apollo to take a seat. Which he did only after thoroughly investigating the whole office. "After all these years you still keep the Spartan style. You will never change will you?" I look around my sparsely furnished office; it only has the basic things like a desk, a few chairs, a desk lamp and a lot of bookcases for the files. I just shrugged, I don't need a lot like Apollo who has his whole temple look like a freaking diamond; everything inside shines or glimmers. "Well as I told you before, my cute little oracle told me that she has foreseen that you will learn your true mate's name! Isn't that wonderful news Marcus?" Damn ass looked so very pleased with himself. "No it's not; I don't have a mate, let alone a true mate. I hate to break it to you; I will never ever have a true mate! I know that, you know that, Goddamn whole Olympus knows that!"

 I get up and pace around my office, it is the only topic that really gets to me; why am I the only one who is being denied the feeling of unconditional love? What did I ever do to deserve that kind of fate? 

"Calm down Marcus! I mean what I said; you will know your true mates name, it is just a question of when." I glare at him "Leave! Now! I don't want you in my face right now." His gaze softened at me; "Of course brother, I will leave you to digest this information because I know how much it means to you." He clasped me on the shoulder and walked out of the room.

When I was sure he was out of the café I opened my door to find most of the staff standing in front of it. "What is it? Is something wrong?" They looked at one and other to see who would talk first, because someone is going to talk. As always they looked at Gabe "We were just wondering if you were alright, because he said some weird word and all colour left your face making you look sick. So I had my buddy Glenn fix you something." He gestured to someone at the back of the group; it was our newest worker Jeanne, a small dark skinned shifter. She was holding a tray with a cup of coffee, a bowl of soup, some bread rolls and some scrambled eggs and toast. "Thanks guys." I accepted the tray from Jeanne, "I don't want to be disturbed for a while, I will be down in a few hours, I really need to sort out the post from this morning and yesterday and the bills." Not to mention digest what Apollo just told me.