Ares: My God Of War (malexmale) Chapter ιζ

Human realm: Town

Several paranormal were on the lookout for any sign of the Gods. So far nothing happened, no big flashy things, no thunder or lighting, it was as if the Gods disappeared. Hercules knew better than to think they gave up. There would be no way the Gods would have ignored him when they called the other Pantheons for help. Along their long trek from the hide out to the Town closest to Mount Olympus half of the paranormal prayed to the Greek Gods and the other side to the Roman Gods. This should give the Gods a good headache to distracted them long enough for Hercules to kill Lord Zeus.

A roll of thunder was their only warning as it struck close to Hercules feet. He didn’t dodge, he was too frightened to move, and the stench of signed human hair rose in the air. “Go back Hercules” the booming voice of Lord Zeus echoed around the clearing, several paranormal were hunched over cluttering their ears. The sound hurt their very sensitive ears, and the stench itched their overly sensitive nose making them cringe. The Alpha besides Hercules snarled “We bow to no one! Certainly no God who hides!” Lord Zeus’ voice boomed with laughter “You really think a puny life like yours will be of interest to me? You say you bow to no one and yet here you are, bowing to Hercules’ will.” Several other  voices joined Lord Zeus’ laughter fuelling the Alpha’s rage more and more. Hercules had enough “Show yourselves!” he barked. The laughter died away and the dark clouds and mist cleared, revealing the twelve Olympian Gods, the Scandinavian Pantheon, the Celtic Pantheon and the Egyptian and Asian Pantheons. Riding up front was Lord Zeus, Thor and the Celtic, Egyptian and Asian variety of Zeus. The paranormal started praying more intensely and several Olympian Gods twitched, showing no other signs of distress.

They came to a stop a few feet away from where Hercules and his cronies were standing. All in all, the Gods presented quite the picture; seven foot tall, body fully covered in golden armour. Several Gods flashed back and forth between their Greek and Roman appearance, Good, it seemed to be working. Hercules thought smug. On of the few Gods who wasn’t showing any sign of distress was Ares, he was still in his Greek appearance. Even though Hercules didn’t want to, he had to admit that Ares was looking absolutely intimidating. Seven feet tall of muscle, glowing ruby red eyes, dark hair spilling from underneath his helmet, holding his shield and spear, ready to attack anytime. The red glow of his eyes intensified as he let his eyes roam of the gathered paranormal. Nobody noticed anything until it was too late, it started with a light shifting of feet, then it turned into bumping into each other, that turned into squabbling and ultimately into a fight. Two werewolves of another pack snarled at each other going furry and for the throat. Not even their Alpha could break them up. The smug look drained form Hercules face How could he have been so stupid as not to think of that? Hercules growled and narrowed his eyes at the said God. Who stared back at him unyielding. Daring him to make a move.

Meanwhile in Town

Gabe was breathing hard, Damn those stupid vampires! As resilient as he was to most wounds and vampires magic, he could still be mortally wounded. He clenched his teeth, there is no use think of shit like that when he had a job to do. He was a little rusty, he hadn’t had a good fight in years. But he still managed to take out at least a third of the herd of vampires on their doorstep. Like him Landon was bleeding, breathing but bleeding from several deep gashes where he was ranked with the long sharp nails. Landon wobbled a little, his gun wavering a bit, must be the blood loss. We need to go somewhere he can recover. Gabe snarled as what’s-her-name laughed as one of her minions attacked again. Damn it! He lunged forward just in time to see a second minion lunge for Landon, knowing full well he couldn’t turn and stop him, he swept out his arm anyway and made him falter as his claw ripped away a good chunk of his guts. And left his chest open for the other vampire to attack. Fucking damn it! Gabe snarled louder as the vampire cluttered him close to its body “You’re mine now wolfy.” It whispered before rearing back, exposing it’s long fanged teeth; ready to tear his neck apart. . A shot rang out and the vampire flew from him in the aftershock of the bullet, its fore head had a little blood red dot on it, fresh blood trickled out of it attracting the attention of the other vampires. Must be an old one. Gabe mussed as he watched all of the other vampires swarm the dead body on the floor what’s-her-name was screaming in the background in frustration. Turning he saw Landon struggle to stay up right. Right, time to go. Slowly he made his way over to Landon, gently probing his body for wounds. After making sure that there were no real life threatening wounds, he gently lifted Landon up in his arms and ran as hell out of that place. First we need medical supplies Gabe thought as he felt his shirt getting wet, he must be bleeding a lot worse than I thought. Debating with himself with what was the safest place to go, Gabe made a bee-line for his house in a well hidden part of the mountains. It should take them some time to find us here. He thought as he gently laid Landon down on his single bed and went to the bathroom to get his first aid kit.

When the vampires were finally done with gorging themselves on their comrade, they turned in the direction Gabe and Landon disappeared in, ready to follow the trail do their mistress’ bidding. By that time Gabe and Landon were long gone. Cursing under her breath their mistress turned around, there was no way they were going to find them in time. Everybody knew Gabe was good in disappearing, somehow he managed covered his tracks so well that not even the best tracker could find him. Not even the blood hounds who were given his scent could get a solid lead on him, the only reason he was found was because he wanted to be found. Which wasn’t often. But Landon was bleeding like a stuck pig, they could follow the trail of his blood to where ever they were hiding.

Following the lead of Landon’s blood, the vampires hit a dead end. Landon’s blood was there one minute and the next it was gone. Even the trace of it was gone, it was like they had vanished into thin air. 

Town

Ares tried to ignore the tingling sensation; the tiny hairs on the back of his neck stood up. Something is going to go very wrong. Very soon. He concentrated on his enemy, he was in battle and could not lose focus with everything riding on this battle. Several other Gods noticed the commotion between the paranormal, they all were very surprised to see that the energy that caused them to fight came from Ares. They have never seen Ares this focused or controlled. It was a terrible sight to behold; every muscle in his body taught with strain, glowing demonic eyes, staggering amount of killer intent. No. It was best to keep on Ares good side rather than the bad one.  They themselves too felt the pull of Ares’ power, but unlike the paranormal they were able, just barely able to resist giving into it.

It didn’t take long for the paranormal to shake it off and attack. On the other side the Gods and their demi-God children got ready, the biggest group were Ares’ children. He managed to persuade his Mars children to fight this battle as well. Other Gods were surprised how well Ares’ children worked together, it was as if they were a well-oiled machine. After that it was all Gods an paranormal for themselves as the battle intensified. People screaming; either in victory or pain, yowls and groans from the paranormal. Battered bodies lying on the grass staining it with their blood. So much life lost, so many futures stolen. This was all unnecessary, this could have been avoided if Lord Zeus nipped this whole thing in the butt at the beginning. No wonder Hades is so grouchy all the time Ares thought as he watches Thanatos run around the battlefield collecting human and paranormal souls.

Suddenly a heart wrenching howl was heard, people stopped what they were doing searching for the origin of the howl. It sounded again, this time a bush rattled and a bloody beaten and chained up Gabe entered the scene. But that’s was not what Ares was focusing on, his whole focus was on the paranormal that had an unconscious Landon slung over his shoulder as a sack of potatoes. Snarling and growling Gabe was dragged forward by a bloodied vampire, Ares recognised him. He was one of Lady Kayla’s, meaning she would most likely be responsible for the whole thing. The Alpha near Hercules roared in triumph, he was finally getting his hands on the elusive Gabe Blood-Wolf. As he walked  forward he saw Gabe glare at him, obviously Gabe knew what he wanted to do. Gabe’s struggles increased, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the Alpha. Smirking the Alpha held out his hand to the lead connected to Gabe’s chains. Without further ado the vampire handed over the lead to the Alpha, before walking back to his mistress. Howling in fury Gabe struggled even more “Stop your struggling pup, it will be over soon.” The Alpha commanded. Gabe snarled “Never! I will never give up!” As soon as the Alpha reached his pack he turned back to Hercules smirking “You’re on your own now pup.” He turned away and started leaving, dragging a struggling Gabe in his wake.

Instead of being outraged by the betrayal, like they all thought he would be Hercules was calm and composed. Very calmly Hercules raised a gun, cocked it and aimed it at Landon “Before you go Alpha; enjoy the end of the world.” Smiling Hercules pulled the trigger “NO!!!” Gabe shouted before Hercules shoot Landon who finally woke up and was standing wobbling on his feet. After that nobody could really recalled what exactly happened with Ares the moment Hercules pulled the trigger. All they remember was a loud piercing sound that made their eardrums bleed, and a bright flash that blinded them completely for ten minutes. It all happened so quickly, nobody was sure it really happened. One moment Lady Kayla and her vamps were there and the  next there were gone. Completely obliterated by Ares in mere seconds. Then Ares was there holding Landon’s struggling to breath body in his arms. Landon was mumbling something to Ares, his hand caressing his face, smiling softly. Ares shoulders hunched and shook under his cries as Landon blew out his last breath, slowly Ares rose to his full length and stared at Hercules “You will pay for this. Mark my words little brother. YOU.WILL. PAY”