Chapter Two

Chapter Two - Searching For Answers

I sighed, "Okay Marc what do you have for me this evening?" we both sat down at my dinner table as Marc pulled out multiple files from a bag I didn't even see him carry in.

"Well, the search has come up with no leads and more dead-ends than I realized there would be.. It's almost like, your pack doesn't exist to the outside world." He leaned back into the chair and looked up. "It's weird ya know, we have the best trackers and more outside sources than any other pack, bigger or smaller than us yet...nothing."

Three years no leads, it is like my pack never existed. Granted we did have many different ideals and traditions but that shouldn't make a big difference right? I mean sure my pack did keep humans as slaves while this pack I'm currently at didn't. Why was that? I looked towards Marc we've never had this conversation before so I guess now is as good as any.

"You know if it helps any, my pack kept humans as slaves, I was even one when I was a human. Every other pack including this one that I've seen doesn't keep any. Why is that?"

Marc seemed surprised by this. "Isabella, no pack has kept human slaves for at least a century, back then everyone had one, hell there used to be slave auctions. I could show you some examples but we would need to go on a trip."

"Sounds fun, lets go." I said standing up while grabbing my bag and walking to the door. His jaw dropped as he rushed over to me. "We can't go today, it's at least a two hour trip and I need to be home tonight for a date!"

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Marc, you have dates every night and it's not everyday that I get to go and visit something that may lead me back home to my mate." I was about to go out the door when Marc stopped me again.

"Isa, how do you even know if you were truly his mate? You were human back then, you wouldn't have felt anything for him, not mate wise anyway. Haven't you learned by now that all werewolves give off a pheromone that somehow attracts humans?"

I stopped dead in my tracts, that was true. My heart ached at the thought that I wasn't really his mate, but now I was a werewolf, so if I do feel something for him he really is my mate.

I sighed. "That's what I need to find out Marc. I need to at least see him again to see if he is and if he's not, I guess he just won't be. But what I know for sure about this is, by the end of this I will have my real body back and not the body of this bitch."

I stomed out the door and waited in my car for Marc to come out. I was steaming. Ryder has to be my real mate, after all that we've been through? There's no doubt he is...right? Then what about the dream?

Our wolves must be connected... although I had it 3 years ago I could have sworn it was real. I sighed. The dream was so vivid in my mind.

-The Dream-

I opened my eyes a bit and out of the corner of one I saw something, something white.

I looked at it, confused, I took a few steps towards it. Soon, all I could see was that white glow. Then I saw it, a wolf, a very large black wolf with hints of white and grey in it's fur. It stood in front of me. I took a step back.

'Don't be afraid, I'm just here to tell you, you need to come back.' a voice said. I looked around, no one else was here. Was, no...no possible way that wolf was talking. The wolf shook it fur on it neck by shaking its head. 'I am.'

"No way, there is no possible way you are responding to what I think and say." I said confused as hell and a bit scared. This place was getting weirder and weirder. When will I get to return home? I wondered, now all I have is a wolf to keep me company and now I sound certifiably insane.