Chapter Five

Chapter Five

-Ryder's P.O.V-

Questions that only the real Isabella would know, or questions that only Kenzie would know. I smiled secretively in my mind. The real Kenzie would answer any and all questions that she would think would help her win. Isabella wouldn't answer and if she did, it would be incorrect... ingenious...

"Okay first question girls. What is the real Isabella's birthday?" I smiled as they both looked at me with a weird expression.

Isabella rolled her eyes soon after I asked. "I don't know why we have to do this, I'm obviously the real Isabella, I love you so much Ryder, why don't we just banish Kenzie, she's obviously trying to tear us apart. Think of all the things we've shared and have done together. Don't that mean anything to you?" Tears rolled down her face and I suddenly felt bad.

I looked towards Kenzie. "Ryder, that's not fair, I'm Isabella, me. I deserve to be heard, even if say I wasn't Isabella, I still should have the chance to be heard." Her eyes were wide and looked frightened. I could tell she has been through a lot. What she has been through, I do not know but I will find out later.

I sighed and turned to Isabella, "She's right you know, everyone deserves to be heard and I still need to test if what she says is true, I've been through so much with Isabella, for something like this to happen wouldn't exactly surprise me you know."

I saw Isabella's lip turn up in disgust, which isn't something she would do normally and I thought to myself that what Kenzie says seems more and more true about her not being the real Isabella.

"Okay, girls so, to be fair I will be continuing on with the questions, so to recap, the first question is, When is Isabella's birthday?" I knew what it was because we have to keep track of all the slaves that go trough this town in case you know they're a wanted criminal or if their next master wants to know their history.

Kenzie responded, first. "I don't know my birthday,,." She paused and looked a little sad. "Being born as a servant we were always told birthdays weren't important enough to keep track of." She didn't look at me as she looked down like she was a bit ashamed of not knowing.

Isabella rolled her eyes. "Pfft, that's stupid, it's obviously, uh August 21st of...94? Yeah yeah, August 21st of 1994." She smiled and put her hands on her hips. I tried to suppress hitting myself. Obviously that was wrong but I nodded neutrally at both their answers.

So, what Kenzie said was true, she's not Kenzie, she's the real Isabella meaning the Isabella I've been seeing this whole time was Kenzie. That explains the weird actions for this past week. I decide to keep going just in case.

"Okay, another question. What was Isabella's previous master's name?" Kenzie, who I really know to be Isabella smiled and Isabella who I know now to be Kenzie frowned. Now I can call them by who they really are.(Now on, Isa is Isa and Kenzie is Kenzie)

I was expecting an answer from at least one of them but both of them stared at me blankly then looked at each other and shrugged. Okay, so that was a bad question... I thought in my mind. Maybe I should do a question that only Kenzie would know now.

"When did the slave trade begin?" I smiled. Isabella was born years after it began and is uneducated about anything related to it. Actually, now that I thought about it, she was uneducated period. Slaves know nothing in math, science or history. When she officially begins her duties as Luna I'll need to make sure that is changed.

Kenzie waved her hand and jumped up and down. "I know I know! It began approximately over 350 years ago, my great grandfather when he was still alive told me he was one of the original  werewolves that thought of the idea."