Chapter 五

Chapter 五
Reunion and Encounters

            I had finished unpacking and putting away the things I carried with me in my bag, paperwork for the Senate, and plopped down onto the bed prepared for me with an exhausted sigh. It had been a long day of last minute paperwork, packing, traveling, and settling in. I was starting the miss the mansion and the rustic looking room that was given to me, but I had to bare with this till I graduate and a new representative comes to take my place. I looked to my notebook that I had tossed onto the desk next to my bed.

The layout of the room I had to also rearrange. I moved the desk from across the room to be against the wall between the door and my bed, sting up firefly lights around my bed after adding a more translucent fabric layer over the dark opaque fabric that made up the canopy that covered my bed from prying eyes. I piled storage boxes in the corner where the dresser once stood and pushed said dresser to be where the desk once had been. Luckily for me the curtains on the windows were already replaced for me, probably Mia's doing. She was the only maid I could send into the dorm to set my things up, only she knew how much I loved wine red curtains that were too long for the used for windows and so were to be tied into a knot to cut back on length. It was an odd preference of mine, but it was my preference nonetheless.

I heard a ruckus downstairs in the common room which piqued my interest. I got up and left my room to investigate, grabbing my notebook and pen on my way out. I arrived just in time to see Kuran slapping a blonde boy with bright blue eyes. I walked over to a tall, orange haired vampire and tugged on his sleeve. He looked down at me as I quickly scribbled down my question for him. 'What happened? Why was that boy slapped?'

The vampire sighed lazily and rubbed the back of his neck in, what seemed like, a force of habit. "Oh, uh... Hanabusa said something to upset Kuran." He seemed kind of awkward answering to me, but he did so anyways. It seems, form his tone, that this was a usual occurrence. "It happens everytime anyone mentions the guardians."

I frowned at this, which made the vampire blink and take a step back. I went over to the humiliated boy, who was now on the floor from the force of the slap, and bent down a little to hold out my hand to him--shooing Kuran out of the way as I did so. The boy looked up at me, shocked, but took my offer. I helped him up before turning to the older Pureblood. I quickly scribbled down on my notebook before holding it up to his face, practically shoving it in his face. 'Just because you don't like something someone says it does not give you the right to hurt them. Have some manners.' I did it. I scolded the person who once reprimanded me for the silliest of things.

Kuran stared at my message before looking back to me, his burgundy eyes meeting my mismatched ones. "You've changed quite a bit, Ryda." Was all he said.

I glared at him and scribbled down another message right under the first one. 'A decade will do that to a person, deal with it. I'm no dog, I'm a Pureblood.' I shot him one last glare before huffing and turned away from him.

I looked at the boy I had helped and reached up to wipe off the blood that was on his, now, healed cheek. 'It is good to see you again.' I mouthed to him, to which he smiled and nodded once--very slightly--back to me. With that I turned on my heel once again and went back to my room for the day, classes don't start for another six hours and I was in need of at least two years worth of sleep.

Guess Tsukuyomi was right when she said Asa's workaholic like behaviour and passed on to me as well.

            I stood with the rest of the Night Class at the threshold of the dorm. All of us donning our white, black detailed, uniforms with books either in our arms or bags. I only held my pen and notebook, the remainder of my--school related--things being in the small backpack that was hanging off my left shoulder. We were all waiting for Kuran to make his grand entrance. Like I said, he was a narcissist one. I wonder what would happen if I locked that human Naru in a room together with Kuran... would they both just pull out mirrors and ignore each other or would they rip each other to shreds... Perhaps I'll write to Mai about this later. I snapped out of my thoughts about the human friends I have met back when dealing with a level E pretending to be a ghost to kill innocent people back at Tokyo. The happy memory made at the office in the Shibuya neighborhood calming my overworked mind.

Screams and shouts were coming from outside the doors which would have worried me had I not already been informed about the fan clubs. "Ah, they're at it again." A girl with orange hair commented in a monotone voice. I looked to the direction she was looking to see Hanabusa arguing with a tall girl who had toffee coloured hair. I looked around and then came to realise something horribly horrible. Everyone was... taller than me. The shortest of the girls seemed to be around a hundred and seventy centimeters, but I was a hundred and sixty-five centimeters. Asa you lied when you said I was tall. I mentally grumbled as the doors opened and we all began to venture off to class.

The crowd of, dominantly, female students all dressed in black, white detailed, uniforms was slightly frightening. They were practically climbing over each other and acting like bloody animals one second and the next like perfect princesses the moment their idols walked close by. What a mess. I held my head up high and continued walking with the others with confidence. I represent the Senate and thus must not show weakness. I must hold my head up high and remember that I am on equal grounds with Kuran.

Even if I had given up on the house name long ago, I was still a Pureblood. I was still of their blood.

~~~~~

Yes, there was a Ghost Hunt reference put in. I couldn't help myself.

....There's also, most likely, going to be other references to other animes as well sometime down the road....oh well :3