Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of horse beats. I sat up. I looked around the tree, careful that who or whatever was out there would not see me. "What are you looking at?" A deep voice asked. I than saw the speaker. He was tall, with a golden brown skin that few area lucky enough to be born with. It was also the tan that was impossible to get unless you were born with it. His hair was light sandy brown. He had the body build of a star linebacker.

"There's a trail of blood here." Said a different voice. It sounded like it came from a fifteen year old boy. I looked around the other side of the tree. This boy had hair only slightly darker then his friends. His was maybe five foot four. He looked like he should be stacking books in a library somewhere though he didn't have glasses.

"So! A bunny had a run in with a wolf. We have more important things to do then worry about nature. Seriously, things like this happen all the time. And because we wander on to the aftermath your have to see if the bunny is okay. What probably happened was the wolf picked up the bunny and carried it away while the blood leaked out." The first guy said. His voice getting louder with every word until he was shouting.

"Just shut up and let me look. Besides we both know you're just cranky because you didn't have any coffee this morning."

"Just hurry up and find your bunny corpse." He turned around and walked away, mumbling to himself. I looked around me. Blood was everywhere. I tried to stand up, but by the time I got to my knees my legs were so wobbly I just fell down again. The second person's footsteps were getting closer and closer. I grabbed my sword. No way was I going out without a fight. He stepped around the tree and saw me, than he turned around and left.

He didn't go far. " Tylor, get over here now!" He yelled. The first man appeared just behind the tree. " What is it Zac? Did the wolf leave the bunny behind, so now we have to bury it?" Tylor said. "No. Not exactly." Zac said. "What do you mean 'not exactly'?" He stepped around the tree. "No! Your don't want to do that." Zac said. He looked at me and his face went pale. He stepped around the tree again.

I heard them yelling. "Who is she?" Tylor yelled. "How should I know." I decided to take the chance to make a break for it. I put my pack on and, using my sword as a crutch, began to hobble away as fast as I could. I hadn't gotten too far when I heard them yell something again. "Where did she go?" Tylor yelled. "How should I know?" Zac cried. Tylor hollored. "Look we can just follow the blood. She couldn't have gotten far."

I put on another burst of speed. I Looked around wondering if there was a way I could lose them. Although I hated to run, I knew there was no way I could fight them as I was. It would be pointless to try, but I couldn't keep running like this either. I had to find a place to hide, an fast. I quickly dove into a nearby bush and climbed out of the other side. If they were following my blood that where stump them. I kept going as fast as my legs would carry me.

I felt something warm and wet running down my back. Focus. You have to keep running. I ran until it hurt to breath. Than I came to a cliff. I heard footsteps behind me. Zac and Tylor emerged from the forest. "There you are. Your can really run for a wounded person." Zac said. Tylor just stared at me. I glared at them both. I raised my sword. Zac raised his hands. "It's okay. We won't hurt your, right Tylor?" Tylor nodded. "Come with us, Nora. We can help you."

"I am not Nora!"

Tylor kept his eyes on me. "Zac, have much blood do your have two loose for your two forget who you are?" Tylor said.

"Too much." Zac said.

"I was afraid you were going to say that." Tylor looked at me. I took half a step back and remembered that there was a six story drop behind me.

"Stay away from me." I said.

"We just want to help you." Zac said.

I glared at him. "Shut up. What if I don't want your help?" I yelled.

They were inching closer and closer. Than I got and idea. I pulled got my poket knife and pointed it at myself. "I said stay back." Both boys froze.

"Okay. Everything is okay. Just put the knife down."

"We want to help you, Nora."

"Stop calling me that! My name is Mina, not Nora."

They began inching closer again. Still using my sword as a crutch, I threw the knife. It logged in the ground just in front of Taylor's feet. He looked at it and than back at me. He picked it up and gave it two Zac. Zac looked at Tylor and nodded. They were planning something. I drew up my sword. And thanked whatever higher power allowed my to stand on my feet.

I glared at them. No way were they going to get the better of me. Zac started whistling. I looked at him. He waved. What is he thinking? It looked like he was trying to do charades. He started two jump up and down while waving his hands in the air. This was getting ridiculous.

What is wrong with this kid? I was so focused on Zac that I didn't realized Tylor had been circling me, until he slammed into me. I fell on my side. My sword flew out of my hands. "Hey, get off of me." I yelled. Tylor had me pinned. I struggled with all the strength I could muster. I couldn't get loose.

"Get off. You're crushing me."

"Zac, hurry up. I can't hold her forever."

"I'm coming."

I felt something poke me. "Ow! Hey, what area you doing?"

"There. She should be under for about an hour."

I struggled as hard as I could. The edges of my vision became blurry. "Stop!" I started hitting Tylor. But he wasn't flinching. My vision started going in and out of focus. "No."

The world started to get heavy. I struggled to keep my eyes open. Than the world faded out.