Chapter 7

The first thing I was aware of was the pain. Every part of my body hurt. Then I tried two open my eyes and was met with a blindingly bright light. I shut them again. 'I hate it when they leave the lights on.' I thought to myself. I turned two my side trying to escape the brightness, but the movement caused some major pain.

 'Ow! That hurts. Stupid jerks, can't even be nice and turn off the lights when I'm hurt.' I pouted to myself. I sighed. Chivalry truly is dead. What a sad thought. I try to sit up and am immediately assaulted by pain.

  'Owwie! I swear it feels like I bruised my bones.' I thought to myself as i lay back down.

Gasping against the pain I sit up this time. I have to find out where I am. I look around for the first time since I woke up. I was in... a tent? A very crummy one at that. I slip from the tent as quietly as I possibly could. I notice the two jerks who trapped me on the cliff. They were sitting with their backs to me and quietly talking about something. I debate trying to eavesdrop on the conversation, but decide that I really just didn't want to.

I start walking off, but I am no more than ten feet away when I accidentally step on a stick and it breaks with a very loud crunch. I look over my shoulder and see the two guys do the same. I regain my composer first and quickly turn my head forward and run. Every step I took hurt like a thousand of hell's demons stabbing me with needles. But I was not going to stop. No way in hell. I had decided long ago that I was done being use. Done being scared. Done being hurt. I could be called a lot of things, but stupid was not one of them. I had learned early on that it was stupid to fight when you could run and hide. So here I was running. Than I stumbled and fell. These wounds where becoming a major disadvantage. Than I looked to the side, and there was a small hole in a tree trunk. I quickly crawled inside it.