Curious Thoughts (Part V)

"aaaaAAAHH HORSE FUCK!"

*WHAM!*

Rachel woke up suddenly, feeling completely disoriented and lost. Startled, the young girl looked around for the source of the noise, having trouble finding her bearings.

"God! What's this feeling?! Make it ssstooOOP!" Zack yelled, slamming his head on the wooden wall brutally, making the whole cabin shake in a way that couldn't benefit them at all. The serial killer groaned as he kept pulling at his hair, trying to fight the intense dizziness he was experiencing, but in vain.

Rachel looked at her companion with wide, confused eyes. She did not expect to wake to such scene, or to ever witness Zack act so... violent, to himself nonetheless. His unfocused eyes looked around to find something to relieve his pain, anything that could reduce its intensity...

The blonde slowly stood up, looking around to realize that they were truly in a wooden cabin. The sounds of birds chirping outside and rustle of the leaves confirmed her suspicion of them still being somewhere within the woods-- far from the city, and perhaps from the police as well.

Her gaze then rested on Zack's slouched form, wondering briefly if he was alright. The pool of blood beneath him had been a clear sign that he had moved around too much and made the wound worse, much to her worry. It was reckless of him, but she wasn't going to dwell on that further than intended.

She highly doubted his severe pain came from a hangover too...

And so with that thought in mind, the petite teen made her way towards the serial killer as gently as possible, trying not to startle him.

"...Zack?" She called, trying to take a glimpse at his face. It was hidden and shadowed by strands of black hair, making it near-impossible to decipher his expression. Though, judging by his groans-- it was surely painful.

'What on earth happened yesterday?' Rachel thought while biting her inner jaw, putting a reassuring hand on Zack's shoulder. As soon as warmth seeped through his hoodie did he violently push the younger girl, making her land loudly on the floor.

She gasped and winced in pain, surprised he had actually pushed her with so much force. If he felt so bad that he couldn't even control his own strength, then it could only mean that something was going terribly wrong--

Rachel pushed herself up and stood, looking at Zack with a worried gaze. She couldn't possibly stand there and do nothing, watching him hurt himself and scream in agony... No, there was something she had to do, something to soothe him...

'But what...?' Was the question that floated in her mind. 'I can't seem to be able to approach him, plus his wound looks worse. Can't there be something??'

She thought long and hard, but settled in trying to soothe him again. He probably couldn't see or acknowledge her presence, but it mattered not.

No way was the teen going to let her friend suffer like this.

"Zack." She called, her voice firm and reassuring as she approached him once more. "Zack, it's me...Ray, look at me."

The tall adult flinched as he finally recognized the owner of that voice. As he panted in visible agony, Zack tilted his head to look at Rachel with wide mismatched eyes.

"Ray-- Make it stop!" He said, confused at what was happening to him.

It didn't take long for Rachel to kneel next to her friend and hug him tightly, trying desperately to calm him down.

"It's alright, Zack. I'm here, I'm right here with you."

Zack groaned as he wriggled free, "AGH! Dumbass... Uurrk, I ain't a kid for you to--BLEGH!"