Curious Thoughts (Part VI)

Rachel zipped the hoodie up and looked at her surroundings. There was a path that lead towards the east, and another that lead towards the west. She assumed that they came from the later, and so silently decided to continue from there.

Her eyes wandered up at the sky, full of clouds that covered the sun's bright light, announcing the coming of rain.

Peaceful rain. Yet also inconvenient.

Ray pursed her lips as she walked, a thousand of questions twirling within her mind. Everything went by so fast, she had no clue on what to do... or exactly what to think.

All that she was aware of, was that Zack had done something completely out of character, and had dragged her into this hideous mess.

'That idiot..' she thought to herself, 'what on earth happened while he was outside yesterday? For him to come back drunk, and with the police tailing him nonetheless...'

She bit her thumb in thought, feeling her brows furrow in concetration and displeasure. What exactly was the problem? How did he get into that situation? She didn't know, but she was definitely going to interogate him once his mind got clearer.

She kept her pace for a good 30 minutes until the sounds of car engines caught her ear. From her position she was quite able to notice a road about 200 yards away.

A road meant she was near to a city of some sort.

Good.

Looking up, the young teen walked along the road while silently hoping that it wouldn't rain so soon, at least not until she goes back to the cabin.

She walked long enough to reach a small gas station and thanked the skies for that. It meant that she didn't have to go so far and reach a city anyway, thus not bringing anymore clues to their location.

Mindful of her face being pretty much everywhere in the news and papers, Rachel tied up her hair and covered it completely with the hoodie, hiding all of her blonde locks securely. But as she was about to go in she suddenly realized of how useless it all was, considering the hoodie in itself would be a dead giveaway--

'Great.'

A bit embarassed at her lack of thought, Rachel settled with taking it off and wearing it back inside out, so the shop clerk wouldn't freak out.

It still smelled pretty badly though.

Whatever.

Rachel stepped foot in the small store within the gas station and gave a quick nod at the clerk who greeted her, letting her eyes scan her entourage for the items she needed. First things first, they were in need of food; so she was going to start with that.

She took a basket and filled it with canned foods that could help them last for a while, as well as water bottles. Taking in pretty much half of an entire isle of canned beans.

It was all there was in that small gas station store when it came to edibles, the rest was all chocolate and sweets, much to her annoyance, but she had no right to be picky.

Then, Ray looked around for painkillers and thankfully found some. She took two then ran towards the clerk, who was surprised at hearing her ask for a first aid kit.

"Why would you need that, little girl?" Was the man's surprised answer, she was definitely a minor.

"...My mom is hurt, she asked me to get one for her. I need it." Rachel lied, figuring he was already being suspicious of her.

"We don't sell first aid kits, little one."

Rachel looked at the very obvious first aid kit on the man's right; set nicely on the counter. He followed her gaze and shook his head sadly, "this one isn't for sale. It's our one and only kit, used for emergencies."