Beginnings (Part II)

A/N: So I just wanted to mention that I made an account at fanfiction.net! I'll be sure to publish/add the stories Ive written there as well (of course, I'll update on wattpad first) so its just a matter of preference, really.

Thanks for being supportive! Hugs and kisses!

XxX

It was already very early in the morning, meaning Officer Biggs had to wake up earlier than usual simply to carry on with the 'investigation'. Their absurd chase yesterday had been enough to tire him completely, and now there he was, patroling the area this early and on a weekend.

For a man this young, one would have thought that the higher-ups could take the job at his stead. Only recently did his wife give birth to his baby daughter, a sweet little thing that he quickly wanted to bond with-- in her early days. Alas, however, he had no such luck, or time, to even step foot inside of his home.

'Justice cannot rest,' he sighed to himself and decided to start with a town nearby. The smartest thing to do was to check the surrounding areas near the forest, see if Isaac Foster escaped there, and if not; well then... perhaps he would call for reinforcements and check the woods.

Biggs ran a hand through his curly brown hair and checked the map. If they had crossed the forest to reach the main road; then finding them wouldn't be so easy. Even if Isaac stood out the most out of the duo, the country was vast and some parts were more than a little empty...

"I sure hope the wolves ate him." He muttered and pulled over next to a gas station. "He would probably be chewy, with him being an over-cooked psychopath."

His last comment was quite harsh and mean spirited, but he believed that there was no room for respect when it came to killers. Isaac Foster was no exception.

Not wanting to waste any more time; Biggs entered the convenience store near the gas station. If he wanted a lead, then he needed to ask questions.

He was greated by a clerk, who nodded with a smile.

"Good day, officer."

"Ah, good day." Biggs grinned, "can I have some of your time? We're undergoing an investigation and, you see, there's been a kidnapping..."

The clerk scratched his head, "a kidnapping you say?"

"Yes, a little girl was taken."

His eyes widened, and Biggs gave him two pictures. One of a young, blue-eyed blonde aged 14, and the other of an odd-looking, bandaged man in his twenties.

The clerk shook his head immediately, "I'm fairly certain that I haven't seen those two, if I had then I would've surely remembered." He said, but then an image popped in his head. "Though there was an odd little girl who came by an hour ago."

This caught the officer's interest, "can you describe her for me?"

"I'll try... but really it was hard to even have a glimpse of her face. She wore this over-grown hoodie and appeared to be this tall-"

Biggs started taking notes...

"And judging by the tone of her voice, she sounded like a young teen, maybe twelve... thirteen, or fourteen even."

"Young... twelve to fourteen years old... Okay, and?"

"She bought a lot of canned foods, some painkillers, and even wanted a first aid kit."

"First aid?" Biggs sounded curious, "why?"

"She said she needed it to treat her injured mother."