Chapter 3: Jinyoung's confession

<Jinyoung's p.o.v> 

"Oh shoot hyung I left my phone in the car! You go ahead. I'll be right back," Daehwi suddenly shouted while we were walking towards our waiting room. 

"Okay. Be quick," I waved at Daehwi and kept walking until I reached the door. I opened the door just to find Guanlin staring intensely in to Jihoon's phone. 

"Hey linlin where's Jihoon? And why are you looking at Jihoon's phone?" I sat down next to him and asked.

Guanlin didn't respond. He didn't even look up.

"Hello? Guanlin?" I waved my hands in front his eyes. 

"Hyung what's a sponsor?" Guanlin asked out of no where. 

"A sponsor? Well if you ask it in the terms of the k-pop world, a sponsor is someone who- oh shit- Guanlin do you have a sponsor? Please say no," I looked at Guanlin, full of concern. I knew Guanlin had no idea what a sponsor was but I was still worried.

(In the terms of the k-pop world, a sponsor is someone who pays tv programs or broadcasting networks to make a specific idol trainee or an idol "big" or "popular". The sponsor pays tv programs or broadcasting networks big amounts of money to make sure the specific idol trainee or idol gets more screen time or promotion. The idol trainee or the idol has sexual affairs, sex, with the sponsor in return. So basically an idol trainee/idol has sex with a sponsor so the sponsor can make them more "popular". - For those of you who don't know what a sponsor is-)

"Hyung. What's a sponsor," Guanlin's face was dead serious.

"Guanlin, what's going on," I carefully asked.

"Just tell me what a sponsor is, okay?" Guanlin yelled.

"Fine. Calm down.A sponsor is someone who pays tv programs or broadcasting networks to make a specific idol trainee or an idol "big" or "popular," I left out the sex part on purpose. 

"For free? They just choose a trainee and just pay for them without anything in return?" Guanlin asked.

"Errrr noooo," I said, unsure if I should Guanlin the truth or not. 

Guanlin raised his eyebrows.

"Well the idol trainee or the idol have sexual affairs with the sponsor in return," I carefully explained.

"So sex?" Guanlin asked.

"Yes, if you put it that way," I said.

Guanlin's face grew grim. He mumbled something in Chinese that I obviously didn't understand. 

"Why are you asking?" I asked.

"Nothing," Guanlin said, making it really obvious that it was not nothing.

"Guanlin I know you're lying. You're a really bad liar," I said.

Guanlin didn't say anything. 

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

Guanlin shook his head.

"I figured," I said.

We just sat there silent until Jihoon walked into the room, followed by Daehwi who looked very confused.

Guanlin immediately stood up and walked towards Jihoon. Both of them just stared at each other for a while. It was Guanlin who broke the silence. 

"Why," Guanlin quietly asked Jihoon.

"What do you mean," Jihoon said, avoiding Guanlin's gaze. 

"You know what I mean. Why did you do it?" Guanlin looked very upset and angry. Very uncomfortable and confused, Daehwi sat down next to me awkwardly.