The Present

The video on the right is a brief insight into what this is about. I hope it makes sense. :) It was the idea that made me write this too.

..........................................................................................................

Present Day...

Morgana walked through the forest, thinking about the nightmare she had had the last week. Although, by now, Morgana knew perfectly well they weren’t nightmares.

    They were visions of the future that would come true. A part of her magic.

    Morgana arrived back at the hovel she now lived in. There was nowhere else for her to go, though lived with very few of the comforts she had had whilst living in Camelot.

    Morgana sighed. Why did she keep thing about Camelot? Her old home meant nothing to her anymore. Not Merlin, not Gaius, not Gwen, definitely not Arthur. She was glad Uther was dead, and soon the others in Camelot would follow. Her eyes darkened in anger as she thought of her brother.

    But her new plans could wait until the morning though. Right now she needed sleep. Morgana settled into her bed and found that she was asleep in seconds.

“Arthur!.” Morgana shouted, throwing the sword to him.

Morgana walked through the room, smiling at Arthur, aware everyone was staring at her.

“No!” Morgana shouted. She watched Uther and Tauren fight, before eventually stabbing Tauren.

The vase of flowers broke just by her looking at them...

With a gasp, Morgana sat up in bed, breaking the visions. What had just happened? Visions of the future she could mostly deal with, as they came with her magic. She had the Seer’s Power, after all. But visions of the past...that had never happened before.

    But they had been memories of her past, of her happy in Camelot.

    “That’s ridiculous.” Morgana said to herself. But even then, deep inside her, those memories, and others, stirred again.

    The first time she realised she had magic and how scared she had been.

    All the times she’d stood up for Gwen- and stood up to Arthur.

    The first time she and Morgause met.

    When she’d stood with the others, protecting the Kingdom time and time again.

    Morgana knew she remembered everything. She had, of course, been living in Camelot most of her life. Just, her magic meant that she couldn’t be there anymore. She had tried to get revenge on her family...

    “They would have done the same. They would have killed me.” She thought sadly. Something immediately stuck in her mind. Arthur and Queen Annis had told her the same thing.

    She was similar to Uther.

    The realisation of that felt like someone had poured cold water over her and she shook her head. The old Morgana wouldn’t have hurt her friends. For the first time, she also then remembered the vision she had had years ago, of her becoming evil. Everything in it had come true. Again.

    Morgana knew she didn’t want to be like Uther, not any more. But could she bring herself to go back to Camelot, and to everyone there.

    “I have to try.” Morgana thought. Thinking of the vision she had just had, she realised that they all loved her. Up until the moment she’d betrayed them. But Arthur...thinking of the time she and her brother had had that brief reconciliation, Morgana recalled the look in his eyes.

    Pain, hurt, sadness, loss...things mirrored by her too.

    Until the night she found she had magic, Morgana had been really happy. But everything had changed now. Could she, really, go back to the way she had been.

    Suddenly, Morgana made up her mind. She would go back. Magic could be brought back without her doing anything drastic. The image of the white dragon that had saved her life came into her mind. Morgana smiled, remembering how she hadn’t been able to believe her eyes at first, until it flew off, and she realised that not all magic had completely gone from the land.

    The thought gave Morgana hope for the future.

    She took nothing with her, but walked straight out of the door, hoping to never set foot in the hovel again. The hood of her cloak was pulled up and it gave Morgana a bit of cover against the strong breeze, as she headed to Camelot castle. On the way, Morgana tried to think up memories of her growing up with everyone- Uther, Arthur, Gaius, Gwen and eventually Merlin. Surprisingly, they weren’t hard for her to remember, and they occupied the journey. Morgana’s journey back home to Camelot, where she truly belonged.