Chapter Nine

Everyone wakes up around noon the following day. I was woke before then, but I just stayed on my phone until everyone else woke up because I didn't want to bother them. I'm not going to lie, it kind of got boring checking the same three apps. I refreshed everything so many times, I'm pretty sure the apps just wanted to crash on me.

Hayden and I are the only ones who aren't hung over from last night because we didn't drink. Scarlett is going to be in big trouble when her dad finds out his alcohol stash has been touched. I tried to warn her, but she never listens to me. I'm the good one in our friendship; she takes all the risks and I take very few. I like to play it on the safe side most of the times.

"So, is everybody heading out or did you guys wanna go for a morning swim?" Scarlett yawns, stretching her arms above her head.

"You just don't wanna get rid of us yet." I laugh.

We ain't even brushed our teeth yet and she over here talking 'bout some morning swimming.

"You're right." She laughs, getting off the couch. "I'm gonna go put on my bathing suit. I'll meet you guys outside."

"I have to go get my swimsuit out your car." Sabrina sighs, rubbing her head.

"Is your hangover really bad?" Hayden asks.

"How can a hangover be good? Of course, it's bad." Sabrina narrows her eyes.

"I told you not to drink a lot." He looks at her with disappointment.

I turn my head and pretend like I'm not listening to their mini argument. Instead, I start folding the cover I used from last night. It's not like they're trying to be discreet about their little dispute; everyone else in the room can hear them.

"It wasn't even that much." She says in a frustrated tone.

"Alright, well I'm gonna head out. Can you guys just tell Scarlett that I left?" Dustin claps his hands together. Clearly, he can't take the awkwardness of an argument. Meanwhile, I love listening to arguments; I'm such an instigator at times. "You riding with me still, right Becca?"

"Yeah." Becca says.

"Yeah, I'll tell her for you." I nod my head.

In fact, I'll go tell her right now because I don't want to be left alone with Sabrina and Hayden. That's even more awkward than when she was verbally attacking me last night. If she's that insecure about her man talking to another girl, then maybe she shouldn't be in a relationship. That's why I'm not in one yet, and partly because no one wants me.

Dustin and Becca gather their things and walk upstairs. I follow behind them, trying to make out what Hayden and Sabrina are saying to each other.

"I guess you guys can just go out the front door." I say to them as we stand on the main level of Scarlett's house.

"Alright, see ya later." Dustin waves, walking to the front door.

"Bye." Becca says.

"Bye." I say, waiting until they walk out the door before I go upstairs to Scarlett's room.

"Scarlett." I open the door without knocking. "Dustin and Becca left."

"You'd better be lucky I'm already dressed." She narrows her eyes at me, grabbing her sunscreen off her dresser. "Knock next time."