Chapter Ten

"Where's Sabrina?" Scarlett asks as soon as she comes out to the pool.

"She's changing into her swimsuit. I don't know what's taking her so long." Hayden says while swimming to the edge of the pool. He crosses his arms and rests them on the edge.

My eyes glance over his tan skin that is glistening with water all over it. His man bun is still in, only it is wet and stringy. Somehow he still makes the hairstyle look good. His green eyes meet my brown ones, making my heart skip a beat. I quickly look at Scarlett as she begins to speak again.

"I would go check on her, but she'll probably come out soon." Scarlett says, taking off her flip flops.

She walks over to the steps of the pool and steps in. She winces as the cold water hits her skin. I normally just jump in the pool to get used to the water right away. It only seems colder if I take my time getting in.

"Play some music." Hayden says to me.

"Alright." I nod my head and connect my phone to Scarlett's outdoor speaker. "What do you guys feel like listening to?"

"I would say The 1975 but you're probably tired of them by now." He laughs.

"What? No, I've only just begun with my binge of listening to their music." I hold my hand over my chest. "It's a pretty good band."

"I wanna listen to some summer songs!" Scarlett says.

I scroll through my music app, stopping on a pop playlist. Pop songs make a person feel good, especially the ones that are upbeat and have a great tempo. I know they make me feel good. There is nothing like being worry free and feeling like you're on top of the world. That's what music does for me. It makes me forget about everything for a while and I get to live in the moment.

"Oh, this is my song!" I exclaim as Lush Life comes on.

I'm not a shy girl at all, under any circumstances, I'm very outgoing and sociable. I love meeting new people and I'm not afraid to try new things. So, as I stand up and start dancing and singing, I don't really care what Hayden or Scarlett thinks. I clap my hands to the beat and sway my hips. I flail my arms in the air and a wide smile is displayed on my face as the sun shines down on me. This is what I mean when I say music makes me feel good. An euphoric and infinite feeling surges through me.

"All you do is dance, sit down." Scarlett laughs.

"Nope." I shake my head at her.

I look at Hayden for a split second and I notice that he is watching me attentively. Sometimes I am flattered when an attractive guy looks at me—especially if he looks like Hayden—and others I am completely anxious. What else did I expect would happen? I am dancing around like a fool, of course he is looking at me.

What does it mean when a taken guy stares at you? Is it supposed to make you run a million scenarios through your head? Honestly, I'm thinking of so many things right now. The way his piercing eyes are set on me makes me want to take my chance and fly away with it. I'm not one of those girls who flirts with another girl's boyfriend just because I find him attractive. I have self-respect for myself; I can never do that without feeling bad. But he keeps staring at me, so of course it makes me question things.

We're all thrown off track when Sabrina walks outside with her arms wrapped around her stomach. She doesn't have on her swimsuit, instead, she still has on yesterday's clothes. She has this sorry look on her face. I kind of feel bad for her.