Chapter 1

**Mikaylla's POV**

Scranton, Pennsylvania. The one place on earth I never saw myself moving. I'm originally from California, Los Angeles to be specific, but I hated California and needed a change. However, being a vlogger on YouTube maybe I should've stayed in L.A. but I wanted to be somewhere where it snows and a small town.

I wanted a job to help me make a little extra money, but not a full time job. I applied at this oddities parlor so we'll see where that takes me. I picked up my volg camera and started today's vlog.

"Hey guys. What's up? So, I'm trying to think of video ideas so it's not just me talking and venting to you guys, but I have nothing planned so this is all you get for now, but anyway I'm going grocery shopping we'll talk later"

I put my vlog camera down and I grabbed my stuff and headed out to the store. About halfway to the store my phone rang

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Mikaylla?"

"Yes?"

"I'm Josh from the strange and unusual. We've went over your application and would love to talk to you."

"Okay? Should I come by?"

"Sure! Can you come sometime today?"

"Yeah, I can head there now?"

"That works. Thank you"

I hung up the phone and headed to the shop.

I walked in and saw a heavily tattooed  man dressed all in black standing at the counter

"I'm looking for Josh?" I said

"I'm Josh. How can I help you?"

"I'm Mikaylla. I called about the job?"

"Oh, yeah. It's great to meet you. When do you wanna start?"

I did a scoff/laugh "yeah, right? I'm just gonna work for you after that"

"Sorry, my ex usually handled all of this." He said rubbing the back of his neck

"I really wanna work here. It's so awesome, but don't be a jerk about it"

"Ok, I'm sorry. I'm new at this"

"It's ok. So, when do you want me to start?"

"How about tomorrow?"

"That'll work. Oh, and I'm a vlogger on YouTube can I film while I'm at work?"

"I don't care what you do just do the work I ask and don't steal my money"

I nodded "I can do that"

"It was nice to meet you Mikaylla. We'll see you tomorrow"

"Ok, thank you, Josh"

"Call me Balz"

I wrinkled my nose and looked at him "Balz?"

"I'll explain tomorrow. Be here say at 10?"

I nodded "Works for me"

I walked out of the shop and got in my car. I'm really excited to start this new chapter in my life, but I'm also really nervous.

Josh seems interesting and he did mention an ex so that means there won't be no girl drama. Even throughout high school I never got along with other girls. All my friends have been guys so hopefully this job will work out, and hopefully Scranton will work out because I don't know where to go from here.

Here's a pic of Mikellya!! Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm trying something kinda different with this one!

 I'm trying something kinda different with this one!