Chapter 19

It had been two days since Harry had admitted his feelings for Draco to Ron and Hermione had confronted the Veela. Training continued though, helping them all to release their tensions and each night Draco would sleep snuggled up to Harry, content with only that. It was on that night, the third night, that Harry finally had the courage to say something. He and Ron had shared some drinks alone that afternoon, discussing the issue and Ron insisting that he would never know the outcome if he didn't at least try.

He was changing into his pajamas when Draco entered the room, freshly showered and already in his after he'd finished his training with Hermione. He appeared to be exhausted, flipping down into the soft bed. He sniffed the air and rolled over to look at Harry,

"have you been drinking?" he asked. Harry nodded, stumbling a bit as he pulled up his pants. He fumbled with his shirts buttons for a moment before cursing it and flinging it into the dirty laundry. He flopped down next to Draco,

"me and Ron took out quite a bit while you two were training," he confessed, contentedly numb. He watched as Draco moved about the room, though he wasn't sure what the blonde was doing, he wasn't paying attention to that. His eyes fell on the back of the boys silk pajama shirt, the way it folded over the wounds from where Draco's wings had once been. He wanted to see them, to have them wrap around him. He realized, in his drunken stupor, that he wanted those legs around him too. Not meaning too, as it was the alcohol talking for him, Harry moaned a bit- quietly. Draco's head snapped up, swivelling to look the other man over.

"You okay, Harry?" he asked, crossing the room to him. Harry nodded dumbly as Draco placed one pale hand on his forehead. "You sure? You don't have a fever..." he said, gray eyes looking concerned. Harry frowned,

"I'm fine. Perfectly, fine." He said very slowly.

"Okay... if you're sure."

"You- you wanna know something Draco?" Harry asked, sitting up so quickly that if Draco hadn't been a Veela and had fast reflexes- they'd have bumped their heads together. Draco looked slightly annoyed now,

"What's that?"

"I find you very, very, attractive. Very." Harry said, flopping back down when he was finished. Draco was gaping at him, eyes wide. "I think, and I'm serious, that you should forget all this Chosen Veela business and be with me. Yeah, because, it's a good idea. To me. We should date."

Draco choked back a laugh, covering his mouth with his hands. He wasn't going to miss this, drunken Harry seemed to be a blast.

"Oh?" he asked quietly, doing his best to look interested so that Harry would continue. The fact that he *was* interested meant nothing.

"Yes. Me and you. You're not going to this- this stupid Chosen person anyway. You've never told them who you are so they'll never come looking. They don't know you like I do, and I doubt they would be quite as good as me- I'll... I'll treat you like an angel... I will," he fell back, feeling woozy, "...and I know you could never love me like you're fated to love them, but I think I can be okay with- that. I may not even be as good as them, Dray, but... but I could try."

Draco's chest was tearing him apart, every Veelan instinct screaming at him. Even the stubs where his wings used to be were fluttering, as though he could take flight. He sighed, saddened, because Harry was drunk. Leaning over the top of him- mercury eyes meeting emerald, he smiled sweetly.

"Harry, you're drunk. Horny, and drunk."

"So?" Harry asked, eyebrows arching.

"So, I'm a Veela- and I was a Death Eater. You're Harry Potter, defeater of the Dark Lord Voldemort the boy who got awfully brave when he was smashed."

"Lemme see it." Harry slurred, grabbing for Draco's left wrist. Draco didn't resist or pull back, though he flushed with a bit of embarrassment as Harry pushed back his sleeve- baring the ugly stain on his pale skin, the Dark Mark.

Harry stared down at the now still tattoo, he didn't give a shit what it meant. Severus Snape had sported the same thing, and look how he turned out. The Dark Mark meant nothing more than a bad choice. Everyone made bad choices, didn't they? He glanced up at Draco who was watching him, a mixture of shame and curiosity written plainly for all to see. Harry glanced back at the tattoo and licked it, sucking gently at the smooth skin there, just barely using his teeth. Draco moaned, he couldn't help it. He hadn't been prepared for that. Having his Chosen lick any part of him was erotic. Harry pulled back, lips wet and red.

"See? You-" he stuck his finger in Draco's chest, "are Draco," then he pointed to himself, "and I am Harry. That's all that matters, drunk or not." With that he crushed his mouth against the still shocked blonde's, dropping the pale wrist in favor of circling his arms around the Veela's neck. Draco moaned again, kissing back. Then he stopped, suddenly, pushing Harry back down onto the bed. He was panting and had a wild look on his face, pushing off the bed, he stood up. Harry opened his mouth to protest, but Draco put his hand up, signalling for silence.

"You're drunk, Harry. Smashed. I'm going to go to my room to sleep tonight-"

"No! Draco, please, don't. I'm sorry, please don't!" Harry cried out, reaching for the blonde and managing to grab him around the waist. He pulled Draco too him, nuzzling his stomach softly. "Please, stay. I won't say it again, just stay."

"Harry, don't do this."

"I won't. I won't mention it again. If you don't want to be with me, I got it. Let's just pretend it didn't happen, okay?" Harry mumbled against the silk. Draco pushed him back, looking at him,

"Look here, Harry, I didn't say that. Not once did I ever say that. I'm going to go to my room, you stay here. In the morning, when you're sober, we'll talk about it, okay? If you've changed your mind, *then* we'll pretend it didn't happen, okay?"

Harry flopped back onto his pillows, pouting,

"Do I have a chance then, even just a little one?" he asked, not taking his eyes off of Draco's. The blonde nodded and Harry sighed, "fine. I'll prove it to you, that it's not because I'm 'drunk' and 'horny'- as you put it. I'll tell you again, sober. I think you're beautiful Draco."

"Okay. In the morning, we'll talk."