Chapter 20

"Oh Merlin, did I jump off the Hogwarts Express?" Harry growled, eyes clinched tighly shut as he awoke. Maybe he'd just jumped in front of it. Normally, it took him quite a bit to wake up, he was not a morning person at all. This morning was different, a splitting headache and the urge to vomit had awoken him like a cold splash of water to the face. He tried opening his eyes, smashing his glasses on his face, and spotted a small phial on his nightstand, 'Hangover Potion'. "Oh bless you, Draco, bless you." he whispered, uncorking it with his teeth and downing it like a shot. Immediately, his symptoms began to disappear and he lay back down, rolling over to snuggle his Veela friend. Yet, Draco wasn't there. As last night's events came flooding back to him, Harry groaned. Had he really done that? Merlin help. He laid still a few more moments before getting up. Might as well face the day right? Afternoon, whatever.

Dragging into the kitchen, looking as though a three year old had dressed him was Ron. He was wincing with every step, in terrible need of coffee which Harry willingly provided.

"Draco didn't leave you any hangover potion?" he asked, giving his friend a once over. He still hadn't seen the blonde or Hermione. He really hadn't looked yet either.

"Shhhh, no. Hermione won't give it to me. Says I need to learn my lesson. No talking. Shhh." Ron whispered, voice hoarse, as he sat down. Harry just grinned, glad that she hadn't seen his or she'd have taken it too.

It was at that moment they heard the door open and two pairs of feet coming down. Ron snarled in pain, throwing an arm over his head as he layed it on the table. The other arm pulled his cup of coffee to him, appearing to snuggle it. Hermione swung the door open, her intense gaze focusing on both the boys.

"There you are! How are you two feeling?" she asked, a bit louder than she ought to. She had a mischievious glint in her eye.

"Morning 'Mione, I'm doing great. Ron's not so well though, how are you?" Harry asked, and immediately grinned at her obvious irritation. Draco was smirking behind her. She gave him a withering glare before practically bouncing into the chair beside Harry. Draco stood, leaning in the doorway, watching in amusement.

"You know," Hermione said, again loudly, "I think we should fix some *lunch*. Draco, would you like to do the honors or shall I?"

"Oh, I'd love to fix lunch," Draco replied, standing straighter and strolling into the room. He immediately began banging pots and pans together- even though he was merely fixing soup and sandwiches. There was no need for moving all six pans in that cabinet. Harry smirked, watching him over his shoulder as the blonde worked. Hermione just watched Ron, still huddled over his coffee, wincing with each noise,

"oh, thank you, Draco! That's so sweet!"

"That's very Slytherin of you, Herms." Harry commented, sipping his coffee. Ron whimpered in agreement. Finally, lunch was ready and Draco placed it on the table in front of them, nodding in reply as they thanked him. Ron looked a bit green but took a spoonful of soup anyway. Harry watched with interest, scooting his chair back and getting ready to dive for the trash pail if Ron spewed the soup back up. Instead, everything about the ginger changed, seeming to calm and he began eating normally,

"Thank you, Malfoy. Seriously," he muttered. Draco only nodded once while Hermione huffed.

"You didn't!" she hissed, glaring at the Slytherin. He shrugged,

"I've been there. It's a terrible hell."

It was then that Harry realized Draco wasn't making eye contact with him at all. Nor had he spoken to him. He sighed, maybe he should have really jumped in front of that train.

"This is good, Draco," he said, polishing off his sandwich.

"It's leftovers from yesterday," Draco said, fixing him with a strange look. Harry shrugged, sipping his coffee again.