Part 1

"What if we spend the day
together tomorrow?" I asked. I just wanted her to know how I felt, but I didn't even know how I felt. I'd thought so many times that I loved America with all that I was, but then something would happen to change that. For a while I would be confused and think she didn't care about me at all, but ultimately every obstacle we faced made my love for her grow stronger. But was this love? What if everyone was right? What if I didn't even know what love was?

She smiled. "I'd like that." With
that, we parted ways. I didn't show it, but those three words made me very excited. I walked up to my room to think things over.

If she wanted to stay, if she
wanted to spend time with me, she obviously still wanted me. Right? I mean, things had been a little rough between us lately, but even though I had some feelings for Kriss, I had much, much stronger feelings for America. In fact, if I knew America felt the same way for me I would break things off with Kriss in a second. I wished America would just tell me she loved me, that would be enough to set things straight. If I knew for certain that she would want me in the end, this whole thing would be long over. I just hoped we'd be able to figure some things out tomorrow.