Part 6

"Do you..." I debated whether
to finish that question, but decided that it was worth it. "Do you want to dance?" She nodded, grinning. "But I'm awful." "We'll go slow," I replied with a smile.

I pulled her close, placing my
hand on her waist. She grasped my hand, and picked up her soaking dress. We swayed, barely moving. She settled her cheek on my chest, I rested my chin on her head, and we spun to the music of the rain. I held her there as if she was the only thing pinning me to the Earth. This felt like such an intimate moment between us. Nothing about my feelings changed, but it felt like hers did. It was like I could feel this force radiating off her. Her heart was pounding inside her chest.

I wanted to be able to see
myself from her eyes, and make myself perfect for her. It wasn't just that, I wanted to be able to see the world from her eyes, to feel what she was feeling. I tried to put myself in her shoes, but it was hard. If I couldn't have that, at least I had this feeling between us. She was right though, the rain really was beautiful. Though she was even prettier.

She raised her face to mine,
placing her soft hand on my cheek. We kissed slowly, causing this feeling of shared affection to grow. It was so beautiful. I wrapped my hands around her, never wanting to let go.

I could feel the strong love
between us. At that moment it felt like it couldn't ever get any stronger. I just wished she would say it out loud. I wished I had the guts to say it out loud. Even though I would love it if we did, it didn't really matter if we said it. It only mattered if we felt it. Besides, I knew we would get there. We just had to forget about the past and move forward.

I broke the kiss and looked her
in the eyes. Her fiery red hair fell in strands around her face, soaked with water droplets that were glistening in the light of the morning sky. Her crystal blue eyes shone brightly with affection. Her light skin was clear and soft even with her makeup washing off. The hopeful smile she wore was like nothing I'd ever seen. She had teeth as white as pearls and adorable dimples. Her face was glowing with nothing short of genuine happiness. She was absolutely gorgeous.

"You're so pretty when you're a
mess," I said softly. She laughed nervously. "Thank you. For that and for the rain not giving up." I ran my hand down her face. "You're worth it. I don't think you get that. You're worth it to me." And it was true. She was worth getting in trouble for coming to the roof for, otherwise I wouldn't have risked it. She was worth any beating from my father. She wasn't just worth the world; she was the world. She was my world. I would die for her. If this wasn't love, I didn't want to know what was. I loved America. And for the first time ever, without having to ask and without a single doubt in my head or heart I knew, she loved me.

The End