Two

After seeing the girl retreat behind a simple structure, the boy had hurried to scurry off before she could advance on him. She looked dangerous, those eyes seeming to penetrate straight through him.

     So he had taken the first chance he got to retreat back behind a rickety building. The frame was showing as the exterior had been destroyed by the bombs and other destruction. But it would suffice him for now.

     He climbs up and over the frame, into the non-trustworthy building. It had already been raided, it appeared. Perhaps even by that girl.

     That caused a thought to arise in him. That girl likely had a nice shelter with food and ammo and such. Maybe, just maybe, he could befriend her and they could share everything.

     Maybe. Something told him she wouldn't be very negotiable on the topic. For now he'd have to settle with staying out of her way until they might 'accidentally' bump into each other or something of the like. However, Mike would have his knife close on hand just in case he needed to use it.

     He frowns thinking of the day where he had needed to use it but had forgotten it. His twin sister had died that day, and her smiling face now haunted his memories. There was something about the girl that reminded him of his sister. Perhaps it was their determined nature, or maybe it was something completely unrelated.

     Still, though. That girl was dangerous.