Three

The girl was extra wary as she traveled out of her small shelter to get fresh food. Sure, she had plenty of food back home, but all it was was dried meat and terrible tasting food cubes.

     The food cubes she had stolen from the other houses were absolutely awful, but they satisfied her hunger, so it was well worth it. All she needed was one small cube every eight hours to stay healthy, though water was a scarce resource.

     Maybe that's what she should be trying to find; water. She can't remember the last time she had had a lot of water at a time. Usually, she drinks it in small portions so as not to waste it all at once.

     She takes cover behind a building as she hears something coming down the street ahead of her. From what she had heard, it sounded like footsteps.

     "Look, Girl, wherever you are, whoever you are, we need to talk!" A boys voice yelled down the alleyway. The boy's voice, actually. "We're likely some of the only people here, and we need to help each other." He goes silent, but she doesn't give a reply. She just stands plastered against that building, breathing as little as possible through the thin material over her mouth that acted as an air filter.

     She wasn't sure if she wished to talk to this boy or not. He seemed dangerous to her; he had disappeared without any trace earlier that day.

     But then again, she was dangerous, too.