Chapter Two - Not So Lucky

Picture of Alex to the side :)

I was pulled from my peaceful sleeping by a blaring incessant beeping. There were mumbles of annoyance from all around me as I reached out an arm with my face still stuffed into my pillow in an attempt to turn the damned thing off in the hope that I might be able to spend a little longer in bed. Unfortunately as soon as I had silenced the stupid thing, I heard Alex getting up.

"Everybody up," he announced with a chuckle. There were a few mumbles and groans from the rest of us and I pulled my warm duvet over my head.

"What was that?" I heard him ask and I could practically see the smile plastered on his face even though my eyes were closed.

"Immauuuuupppp!" I shouted although it was muffled my pillow. I heard everyone else say something along those lines.

I swear that Alex never ever had any problems getting up, just the rest of us. It was like he was immune to the effects of staying up late and waking up early. It was really, really annoying and seriously unfair!

Suddenly my warm covers seemed to just disappear from on top of me letting the cold air chill me and set goose bumps all over my bare arms. I rolled over so that I was on my back and my eyes snapped open to see Alex smirking at the end of my bed with my duvet in hand.

"Up," Alex smiled but in a stern way.

I grumbled to myself as I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes of all the sleepy dust before standing up and pulling my bag out from under my bed. I took out my toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, jeans, leather jacket, fresh tank top, a hoodie and obviously some underwear.

"Hey!" I snapped my head up as Jade began yelling when Alex pulled the covers off her.

Henry, Nathan, Bree, Jamie and I then got up with a lot less complaints than the ones coming out of Jade and Jamie's mouth which I wouldn't repeat for the sake of me being the one in the group who swears the least.

"Jade if you don't get up now, I'm getting changed right here," Jamie warned.

"At least I'll have a nice view," Jade smiled cheekily.

"Jade!" I exclaimed in my laughter.

It was Bree who dragged Jade from her bed and into the bathroom whilst I grabbed Jade some clothes.

I smiled to myself as I pulled on my hoodie before shrugging on my leather jacket over the top and pulling my short hair into a high pony tail so that the ends only just tickled my neck before glancing at myself in the mirror. My straight auburn hair reached just past my shoulders when it was down however I had to have it up in case it got on my face whilst I was trying to shoot something. My dark brown eyes stared back at me and just for a moment I found myself wondering if I looked like my parents.

A few long and minutes later Bree and I managed to drag Jade out of the bathroom, away from all her makeup and downstairs where we dumped her on the sofa. Suddenly I was grabbed from behind by the waist, I squealed in surprise as I was pulled into someone's chest and tickled like there was no tomorrow.

"Stop!" I giggled through my hysterics. "Stop it!"

"What are you going to do Kayla?" Jamie said from behind me.

Through my laughter I managed to loop my foot around his ankle and pull it forwards, knocking him off balance and ceasing the tickling before I elbowed him in the stomach and turned around to push him away from me. He landed in a casual position on the sofa with a smile plastered across his face.

Shaking my head I walked towards Alex who was making coffee for everyone.

"That looked fun," he smirked, handing me a mug of coffee just how I like it.