Chapter 5 - The Room

I opened my eyes slowly to a dimly lit room. I felt warm. My eyes focused on some sort of woolly blanket that was wrapped tightly around me. Without moving my head I could see that I was in a small cavern-like room that seemed to be dimly lit. I was laying on what was a large soft item that I had seen almost every day of my life but I couldn't quite seem to place it. What frustrated me more was the fact that I knew what the item was, I just couldn't think of what it was used for or what the name of the item was.

I felt ill, ill enough only to notice the details of the things around me and acknowledge that I was feeling ill. Nothing more. Not able to even contemplate that I wasn't in a familiar place.

I then felt myself drift back into the world unconscious thoughts and dreams.

***

My eyes opened and focused on a worn black combat boot. I looked up the boot analysing every scratch and scrape that seemed to cross paths before going off on another adventure across the tough black leather. They had no doubt been worn many times maybe even every day since they had been bought. They weren't brilliantly well kept and they looked like they could last for another two years of everyday use. My eyes continued up as I got to a pair of dark ripped jeans, followed by a tight black t-shirt and a face. It was the werewolf boy!

“Good morning, sleeping beauty,” he smiled.

I was instantly trying to stand up to defend myself but all I managed was to back away from him a few steps but barely got to my feet before soreness rippled through my body and I fell backwards onto my bum and I found myself cornered. I hadn't been this sore since ... since before I could remember! I tried to give him some sort of curse to stay away from me but the moment I tried to speak a dry and fiery pain went through my throat. I was so thirsty!

"Steady there, Tiger," he chuckled and he grabbed me by the waist much to my protests as he tried to pull me into his chest. I kicked and thrashed as much as I could at him but ended up sitting with my back against his chest. Once there I felt I didn't have it in me to move another inch, like I had used up the last of my energy even though I had just woken up.

“Here,” he said as he helped me with the cup.

Was I five now? What with me being unarmed and him being a super strong, werewolf boy helping me to drink from a cup. At first every sip of water hurt and took effort to swallow but I was so thirsty that my body demanded more. It was only seconds before the whole content of the cup had disappeared. I was still so thirsty.

“Can I have some mo-” I began.

“No you may not otherwise you will throw up what I’ve just given you,” he said.

“Why am I still aliv-”

“Don’t ask that question either. My pack have been asking it enough already.”

“‘Your pack?’” I repeated. “You’re the alpha?” I should've killed him right then and there!