Chapter Six - Lily

Being ill for three days really does do wonders for writers block you should try it some time haha. Please Comment and Vote :)

"Lily," Tom called and I saw a girl in her late teens maybe early twenties spin around. Her long blonde hair flew to the side of her face. What struck me most about her though was the colour of her eyes, they were the brightest green I had ever seen.

As soon as she locked eyes with Tom she dipped her head respectfully and smiled but then her eyes fell on me and her smile was replaced by something I couldn't quite place.

"I need you to tend to her," Tom said to her as he gripped my arm tightly.

"What if-?" she began worriedly.

"She won't, she has not eaten for ... how many days now?" Tom asked looking down at me.

I clenched my jaw but said nothing.

"If she does attack you," Tom said looking back up to her. "She won't be much of a match."

Tom let go of his grip on my arm and with a polite smile towards Lily he walked away. Turning my head, I watched him go through the candle-lit tunnel before he turned at the end. I turned back to face Lily who was studding me carefully. Her eyes drifted down to the red stain on my white t-shirt.

"Bath or shower?" she asked finally.

It took my brain a little longer to process what she had just said than how long it should've done but after a couple of seconds the question sank in.

"Shower," I said quietly.

I followed Lily down a few more tunnels and noticed how she was always glancing back at me. She was scared of me ... she was right to be. I would have attacked every werewolf here if it meant that I could escape, however I was far too weak to even try. How I was still standing, I didn't know.

She led me into a steamy room and for a moment I thought they were community showers but thankfully there was a row of cubicles and not a community shower in sight. Lily gestured for me to head into one.

"I'll wait here," she said as she leant against a sink opposite the showers.

As I got closer to the cubicles I noticed that actually there were little signs on the front that had images of a wolf howling in the rain. Very creative, I thought. Inside the cubicle was actually surprisingly roomy and had three shelves, one containing bottles, the next containing a towel, and the third was empty. I undressed and placed my clothed on the third shelf before turning on the shower and letting the hot water hit my skin.

At first the water stung my skin, especially my open cuts however after a minute or so the water became that of a soothing touch, like how a mother caresses her newborn child in her arms. it washed away everything. It washed away my pain, my thoughts and healed me.

When I was done, although I was still exhausted I found myself to be a little more alert and when I went to the third shelf to put my clothes back on I saw that instead of just being a little dirty, they were disgusting. They were covered in blood and dirt, there were even holes in them. With a sigh I thought about what to do next when there was a knock on my cubicle door.