the girl on the phone // klance

This more Keith angst than lance right now but w h a t ev er (this is also like a college or normal au)

No POV

Keith sat down on his bed and sat down, he had had a horrible day, at school he'd gotten a test back that he got a D on, he had shit loads of homework and had no intent to finish any of it.

All he wanted was to see Lance, he wanted to just sit down with him and snuggle up in a blanket and watch some cheesy romance movie. He sat up and swung his feet off the bed and yawned. He changed into one of Lance's shirts and some old pajama pants.

He shoves his hands in his pocket and shuffle into the living room where his boyfriend is. He stops when he hears Lance on the phone with someone. Keith leans on the doorway and eavesdrops in on his conversation with whoever is on the phone.

"Hey Liz... Yeah, about the same time tomorrow probably" Lance says into the phone with a sigh. Keiths heart drops, who the hell is he talking too? What are they doing tomorrow? Keith thought.

The person on the phone, who keith had now identified as a woman from the bits of her voice he can hear. He steps closer carefully, trying not to make Lance aware of his presence.

"Yes yes, im doing fine now I don't need anything now" Lance says into the phone quickly. Keith feels a mixture of anger and sadness boil inside of him.

Is Lance... Cheating on me? Screwing someone else? These thoughts ran rampantly through Keiths head as he stood behind the couch listening to the conversation.

Keith was numb, he couldnt feel. One of the only people Keith had ever opened up to, could be cheating on him, loving someone else, being with someone else.

He didnt want to believe it, Lance wasnt that kind of person... but all of the evidence was sitting right in front of him.

"Okay, bye, thank you..." Lance says hanging up the phone and setting it down on the couch. He sighed and leaned back. "Who was that" Keith said in a harsh tone. He stood behind Lance and tried not to burst into tears.

Lance whipped his head and looked up and Keith from his spot on the couch. "Oh, it was no one! Just a uhh friend!" Lance said quickly, hoping Keith would believe and he wouldnt have to explain everything.

"It didnt sound like no one!" Keith says, the words coming out loudly as Keith walked around and stood in front of Lance. Sure, Keith was mad but more than anything, he was hurt, Keith was dedicated to Lance, and to think Lance didnt feel the same made his heart shatter into pieces. "Keith, really it was no one" Lance said standing up, so he could face Keith.

"Same time tomorrow" Keith said mocking Lance's words. "I dont believe you!" Keith yelled fighting back tears, though he lost and several fell down his face. Lance stood there staring at Keith.

He wasnt cheating, he would never and he thought Keith knew that. Lance didnt want to tell Keith who he'd been on the phone with, Lance didnt know how Keith would react, Lance came with a lot of baggage and he didnt want to put any of it on Keith.

"Keith plea-" Lance started before Keith cut him off quickly. "No! I dont believe you! Pick up the phone and call her!" Keith says, his voice cracking slightly. He wanted to know, Hell, he needed to know. "Listen please-" Lance started again just to be cut off by Keiths shaky voice again. "Pick up. The damn phone and call her Lance!".

Lance sighed, knowing he needed to do this. He didnt want to hurt Keith by letting keith think he was cheating, but he didnt want to shove all his baggage on him. "Okay" Lance says, reaching out a shaky hand to reach for his phone. He grabs it while Keith watches with stormy eyes. He really really hated seeing Keith like this.

Lance would do anything for Keith, he would bottle up his problems and emotions so Keith didnt have to deal with them, and thats exactly what he was doing. Lance clicked the latest call and held it up to his ear.

"Speaker" Keith said staring at him with tear filled eyes. Lance obeyed and took the phone away from his ear and put it on speaker, and held it out in between them.

They waited silently as the phone rang. Lance knew exactly what was coming. He closed his eyes, bracing for impact. The phone was picked up and a voice called out,

"Hi, welcome to the Suicide Hotline, how can we help you?"