Explanation

This is a Selection Roleplay, but it is slightly different than some others.

In the Selection, girls are invited with the end goal of marrying a prince or princess. The Selection takes an unset amount of time, from one week to one month to one year. There are also eliminations throughout where some of the ladies and/or gentlemen go home. This roleplay is different in that regard. The contestants will stay at the palace for a year, and can only be dismissed for poor behavior.

By this I mean you will only get eliminated if you are inactive for a long period of time, and of course it will not last a year, but I will set a date by which it must be over. And there are no set Royals that are or aren't 'selecting.' So at the end of the selection, all of the Royals may end up getting married, none of them may get married, or only a few of them will get married.

Also, this is not your classic selection where you come across it and say "oh I'm bored right now ill sign up" and then you are only slightly active and you don't really care about it.

This roleplay is a story, with in depth characters who have multiple sides to them and are not just sugar fairy princesses or lifeless cardboard cutouts. The royals that I have created are complex and they all exist for a purpose, there are none that I created just because I felt like having a royal. They all have backstories and their own reasons for doing things, not all of which are pure and good. For this reason I will be selecting who plays the royals because I need people I can trust, people who will help create a story and give complexity and layers to the characters, and really make them come alive.

For everyone who is creating a selected girl or guy, please make them interesting! Do not do your stereotypical selected girl, who likes horseback riding and archery and drawing and is very sweet and shy and is never mean to anyone and her parents died and now she's all alone but she joined the selection in hopes of finding love blah blah blah...NO! Honestly if I see one form like that I'm going to flip out! Some of them are not in the selection for the love, they are in it for wealth, or fame, or power! Some of them are mean and bratty! Some of them are rebels! Some of them are assassins hired to kill the royal family! And yes, some of them are sugary and sweet and everyone loves them, but that should just be a cover! Make them a spy for a neighboring nation and make them seem sweet and innocent but in reality they go around threatening people to back off. Yes, of course I want just a few, normal nice people. Too much chaos is just chaos. Not EVERYONE is the next superman.

But this is your story as much as it is mine. So maybe have a story arch, where they start good and turn bad, or they start bad and turn good, or maybe they originally just wanted the wealth but now they are falling in love, or vice versa, they were originally in love, but now they just want power. Yes, make friends with the royals and the selected but for goodness sake make enemies too!

You might have been afraid to experiment and try new things in other roleplays in fear that you will get eliminated, so that is why you cannot get eliminated in this unless you are inactive for an insanely long amount of time. So try everything you always wanted to but were too afraid to do so. Explore your character(s), give them a story and make them come to life. The most interesting roleplays are the ones with diversity and creativity, where the roleplayers are just as involved as the creator. It will get boring if we have all Mary and Gary Sues.

If you have any ideas or want to try something or think something is too boring or anything then let me know! Like I said before, this is your story as much as it is mine.

I also have thrown a few hoops in for good measure, just to make sure the roleplay stays alive and interesting. So I ask you, if you are thinking about joining this roleplay, please make sure you will be active and put some amount of effort into this. If you've read this far, comment a quote from a movie you like (on your form when I publish the forms page, not here).

I have spent lots of time planning out this roleplay, so please only join if you actually want to be involved. Thank you and I can't wait to see where this leads!!

Butter❤️❤️

Also thank you if you read that entire thing, I know it's long but I really really really want this roleplay to turn out good, and I can only do that with your help. I hope you are as excited as I am!