Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Marielle

She was mine, I was hers, what’s understood doesn’t ever need words. She in love with her music, but I’m in love with her, this perfect girl to bad she’s in an inner war. With herself, and she won’t let me help, she’s says the water’s tainted and she good all by herself. She treats me like a king so I’ll protect her like a queen, and I won’t let her leave, until we work this out cause she’s the better half of me this is… Black water

You’re beauty can’t be measured; you’re precious to my life, so baby please tell me why we have to fight? Cause I understand you could care less about expensive things, you just want to go out there and live out all your dreams. But how is it that you can see your life so clearly without me. I’m here to tell you that with me it will never have to be… Black water

I was taken with him that’s for sure but I’ll never let him know that! He literally went in there with his prehistoric blackberry and killed my track within ten minutes. So I will give him his props he really can turn mostly any song into gold. Rico and Nina know that I am a fan of Drake his Take Care CD got me through the break up with Clay, but I always felt he was a little too emo for my taste and never considered working with him. He exited the booth and came and sat by me leaning in to look over my shoulder.

Drake: Your glasses make you look cute!

I shook my head at his subtle flirting and gazed over at him.

Me: No glasses, no seeing the words on the paper!

He laughed but it’s true, I’m blind as a bat! I got up and went into the booth as 40 took over the switch board and played me back From Time. I let the music play first so I could connect and feel the music, just me and the song. Once I felt it in my heart the lyrics connected with my spirit and I closed my eyes and sang. More to myself than anything but when I opened my eyes everyone in the studio’s mouths were wide open just staring at me, including all the guys that I hadn’t noticed had reentered the room. I walked out of the booth and everyone started clapping as 40 swiveled in his chair to look at Drake.

40: I hate to say it man but I like her voice better on this, and I never thought anyone could top Jhene for this song!

I sat on Nina’s lap and texted Clay to check on my baby while the guys talked about who sang it better. Jhene is my girl and we are two different artists so I don’t see the big deal. But when 40 played it back I understood completely. It was all most like my voice gave the song a whole different vibe because I sounded more vulnerable. It almost sounded like Drake and I were in love.

Rico: Babygirl you killed that, were you thinking of Clay?

Me: Heavens no I was thinking like a woman who knows her worth and was trying to get through to a man she loves but may have to let go!

Drake: The whole point to the song!

I smiled small at Drake before looking back at my phone.

Drake: Your voice is amazing; I have to get you on a track for the next album!

Me: So how long do I have before I have to join you on tour?

Drake: I want to bring you out for the first time at the Houston show, I know that’s your city and I love that place like a second home so I want to share you with them!

Me: And I have a son that will need to accompany me is that alright?

Ryan: Drizzy love the kids… any more excuses?

I can see that Ryan is going to be a trouble maker so I should never leave my two year old around him!

Me: No there are no more “Excuses” that will give me two weeks!