Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Drake

We finally got to Houston after a day and stopped at a restaurant to eat. Everyone was loading off of the bus and we all piled into the restaurant. We sat at the table and I noticed that Marielle and Maddix were missing. I looked around the table and noticed Nina and 40 watching me with smirks on their faces. Nina leaned over 40 and whispered to me.

Nina: She’s changing the lil munchkin don’t worry she’s coming.

Me: I wasn’t…

Nina: Save it I can tell you like my best friend, she likes you too she’s just stubborn!

I shook my head and smirked at Nina no sense in arguing with her. Sure enough a few minutes later Marielle breezed into the room in a skater skirt a crop top and some converse holding Maddix little hands as he wore some rolled jeans an OVO top and some J’s. I looked over at Ryan who smiled before laughing.

Ryan: I thought the kid would look good in some OVO gear… I was right!

I shook my head at Ryan and smiled as Marielle sat down next to me placing Maddix in her lap. I put my hand out for Maddix and he slapped it smiling up at me.

Me: How’s my main man?

Maddix: Good!

Me: And how is his mother?

Mari: She’s good too how are you?

Me: Hyped for this show, you ready?

Mari: Yea I’m anxious this will be my first big show!

Me: But you’re amazing so it will be great.

She smiled and looked down causing me to smile and look at my menu. I glanced up when I felt someone watching me and locked eyes with her mother. She smirked at me and I kept asking myself if I was that obvious. I felt a little tap on my arm and looked down to see Maddix looking up at me.

Me: Wassup lil man?

Maddix: Color!?

I looked at Marielle and she shrugged.

Mari: He never lets me color with him he says I’m messy!

I laughed to myself and motioned for Maddix to come to me. He hopped off his moms lap and I picked him up and sat him in mine he picked a blue crayon and looked up at me waiting for me to take it. We smiled at each other as I took it and he pointed to what he wanted me to color blue. As I colored I looked over at Marielle and she mouthed thank you. I think my main man has stolen my heart right along with his mother.

40: Man Maddix I think you making my man Drizzy soft!  

Maddix ignored him and kept coloring and I looked up and graced him with a middle finger.

Ms. Daniels: Watch your gestures around my grandson Aubrey!

Me: Sorry Momma D!

She laughed and continued fussing over Rico. 40 and Nina were talking about music they listen to, and Marielle and Ryan were bickering like siblings while Chubbs sat laughing at them. I was intently paying attention to where Maddix wanted me to color.

A few hours later…

We all rested after lunch and I was chilling in my bus when I decided to peak in on Marielle’s practice. When I walked into the arena I could hear her voice so I followed it to hear her singing Vulnerable and the way she was using the mike stand had me feeling some type of way. When she finished the song she asked her small audience if they wanted to hear some feel good music. When the beat dropped she walked to the front of the stage and I noticed she grabbed Maddix as she held is little hand and did a two-step having him follow her, they looked cute together. When the song was over she let him go and I grabbed a mike before joining her to rehearse Black Water. The whole time I was saying my verses I stared straight into her eyes and said every word to her. When we finished the song she thanked her little audience and bowed. Everyone was clapping and whistling.