4 ♛

FOUR // "...i miss you xx,"

~•~

"You have to get inside his office," Liane, one of my closest friends, replied from the other side of the line. "You need to know what he's so desperate to hide from you."

Moving my legs in the air, I looked at the TV that looked upside down thanks to my sitting position, "Won't that be some crazy girlfriend thing?"

"No, it won't," she reassured. "If anything he's the one who has some type of issues."

ding!

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned so I would be sitting properly. "Lee, I think he left his phone home," I spoke in the phone as I stood up and walked over to the place where the muffled ding came from.

"This is God's way of telling you that you should look through his things and see what's he's hiding," rolling my eyes, I moved away the things that have been pilled on top of the iPhone. Liane was always snoopy, she had to know everyone's business.

"There's a text from some girl named Katie," I said, reading over the screen.

"What does it say?"

"Are you gonna come over later? I miss you xx," I read the text out loud. I knew what it meant but I didn't want to believe it. I refuse to believe it.

Somewhere in distance I heard Liane let out a sympathetic "Oh hun."

It felt like all air had been knocked out of me. I should've known. All the signs were there...

"I wish you weren't so far," I was on the verge of crying. I guess it's true what they say, the people you love the most can break your heart the worst. Wiping away a stray tear with the back of my hand, I was still holding onto his iPhone. "Maybe its nothing," I don't know who I was trying to convince; myself or her. "I just remembered I have some errands to run, so I'll call you sometime," not waiting for her to respond, I pulled the device away from my ear and ended the call.

"No, no, it wasn't a question," Miranda responded, not even looking at Andy. I agree with Miranda, Andy had no sense of style whatsoever.

After a brief breakdown after I ended the call with Liane, I proceeded to bake cookies and red velvet cupcakes. Something to take my mind of off things. As of right now, I was watching The Devil Wears Prada for the upmost time.

It's been few hours since that text and I still couldn't wrap my head around it. I have gone over everything, the timeline where he started to get distant, where he stopped showing affection all together, when he started leaving early and coming home late... I guess he was a good liar where he made me believe even the smallest things. But a part of me still, after everything, refused to believe this.

It might be my clouded thoughts, the part that loves him with every fiber in my body. The part that would die for him. That part refused to believe.

"I love you so much," he kissed the top of my head as we laid on the couch, watching our third movie from the list of movies we had made.

Smiling, I leaned my head back so I could look at him and he placed another kiss this time on my lips. "I love you too."

We were like one of those high school love sick couples. Always showing love and affection to one another. But neither one of us cared how we looked from someone else's point of view. All that mattered was him and I.