01.

Jihoon sat at the dining table, writing a new entry in his notebook. He looked up from his notebook to glance at Soonyoung who was grinning at something on his phone. Jihoon sighed. This wasn't the first time it happened. Whenever Jihoon asked what he was smiling at, Soonyoung would just shrug him off and say, "Nothing."

Jihoon then closed his notebook and went into the bedroom. Soonyoung looked up from his phone, wondering why Jihoon was acting strange. He decided to go into their bedroom after a few minutes later.

Jihoon was already lying on the bed, back facing Soonyoung who was at the door. Soonyoung decided not to think about it too much so he slipped under the blankets beside Jihoon, back facing Jihoon's. A visible gap was in between them. Soon, Soonyoung fell asleep.

Little did Soonyoung know, Jihoon was crying to himself the whole time instead of sleeping.

The next morning when Soonyoung woke up, he stretched then tried to reach for Jihoon's warmth but then realised that Jihoon wasn't in bed with him.

"Jihoon?" No answer. Usually when Soonyoung called for Jihoon, Jihoon would immediately reply him. Soonyoung rubbed his face. Maybe he went out for work earlier today.

Since Jihoon probably wasn't going to be home until late at night, he decided to call some friends over to watch a soccer match in the evening.

•••

"Yo Soon, where's your boyfriend? He usually makes us food whenever we come over..." Jun asks. Soonyoung sighs and mumbles, "I'm wondering as well..."

He tries calling Jihoon again.

"Hi, Jihoon here, I'm currently not able to answer the call, sorry. Just send me a message on my voicemail. Thank you!" Soonyoung groans. He tries again.

"Hi, Jihoon here—"

"Just, where are you, Lee Jihoon?" Soonyoung mumbles to himself.

"Hey Soonyoung, you got any beer?" Soonyoung looks at Seungcheol, one of his friends.

"Oh, uhm... Yeah. In the fridge..."

Seokmin, who was by the fridge, said, "There isn't even any beer here! No food either! Man, what've you been eating, hyung?"

Soonyoung stands up, "I'll just go buy some beer then. Be right back." He walks towards his and Jihoon's shared wardrobe, only to find out that Jihoon's clothes were all gone.

Soonyoung's face scrunches in confusion and worry. Did Jihoon move out? Did Jihoon just indirectly break up with him? Why did he move out? Where did he go? He asked himself these questions in his mind as he grabbed his car keys, wallet and phone after putting on warm clothes. He then headed out for the convenience store to buy the cans of beer.

•••

Soonyoung steps out of the convenience store, holding bags of beer. He grabs his phone, attempting to call Jihoon again.

"Hi, Jihoon here, I'm—"
"Hi, Ji—"
"Hi,—"

"Hey Jihoon—"
"Voicemail is full. Please try again after the recepient clears his/her voicemail."

Soonyoung groans, opening his last conversation with Jihoon.

11:12am

Hey, where are you?
Hey
Jihoon
Answer me
??
Lee Jihoon
Where are you?
Answer me
(sent)

Soonyoung sighs and heads home before his friends decide to spam his phone with text messages.

•••

12:52am

Let's break up.
(seen)

12:53am

What?
Hey
Where are you?
Break up?
Why?

12:54am

Answer me

12:56am

Lee Jihoon
You can't just break up with me like that
At least tell me why?!
(seen)

01:17am

There is no need for a reason.
Just
Break. Up.
(seen)

There goes their relationship of 10 years.

•••
this story is based on this chinese movie i watched on the airplane, it's called "77 Heartbreaks"
that movie really reminded me of soonhoon so i just decided to do this :v
at first i was hesitant but yall wanted it so ...

anyway
happy soonhoon day! ♡

*every 15th is soonhoon day :-)