Awkward

SUHO POV
It's has been so awkward between Lay and me these days. He stopped coming to my office like he usually did. I was so used to him coming into my office that it felt empty without him. He's also been trying to avoid me. He even tries to avoid make eye contact with me.

I just couldn't believe he tried to kiss me. I wasn't gay and I thought he knew that. I just felt really bad. I didn't blame him. I just couldn't return his feelings.

I tried to focus on work, but I kept getting distracted with my thoughts. I didn't know he invited me to his house for a date. Friends go over each others houses all the time. Now, it just looked like I was leading him on. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings.

I heard a knock on the door that suddenly brought me out of my thoughts.

"Come in," I said.

The door opened up half way and someone popped their head into the room. It was D.O.

"Are you busy, Suho?"

"No I'm not D.O. You can come in."

D.O fully opened the door and closed the door behind him. He went to go sit down in one of the chairs right in front of my desk.

"What can I help you with today, D.O?"

"We have a problem."

"Problem?"

"It's about Lay and-"

"What happened with Lay?"

"Let me finish, Suho!"

"Sorry."

"Like I was saying. Lay has been really depressed these days. It's not going well with the customers. No one wants a frowning server. He just gives off a bad mood. It's like everyone around him gets depressed too."

"Does anyone know why?"

"I asked Chen but he doesn't know either."

"Oh."

"Anyways, we're going to have to fire him if this mood continues."

"We won't."

"Hmm?"

"I mean I'll go talk to him. To see what is going on."

"Good. Thanks, Suho. I know I can always count on you."

"Right back at you pal."

"Yup, pal."

"I'll have to ask you to leave now. I would really like talking to you some more, but I'm behind on my work. I've been way to distracted today."

"Okay. I'll just go to your place after work."

"Yeah, okay."

D.O stood up and exited the door.
I didn't know that Lay was having a hard time. I wondered if it was because of the kiss. I didn't see the big deal. It was just a kiss, and he's being so awkward about it. I wasn't judging him or anything, but we could just go back to the way we were.

I shout at one of my security guards in the hallway.

"Tao!"

Not even 10 seconds passed and he was already in the room.

"You called, Junmyeon?"

"Don't call me that, Tao."

"Why can't I?"