Oreo Pie

Jesse could walk on the ball of her sprained foot by the end of the second week, and had Gage take her home to finish healing. It's not that she didn't appreciate everything they did, but felt that she was burdening them. This was better she thought to herself. Being surrounded by him was amazing and unfortunately she found herself dreaming impossible things. It was ok to think about it on occasion, but she was beginning to delude herself and needed a dose of reality, in the form of her actual life. She went back to work on Wednesday of the third week hobbling around on crutches for the remainder of the time until her cast came off.

She didn't have much of a social life, in fact she'd only been with a man once in her life so doubted she could keep up with Gage even if he were to ask. With a sigh she adjusted to her routine once more, the one that included a work schedule.

Marty invited Jesse over for another visit, but Jesse declined due to work and told her that once everything got back to normal she would be the one cooking Marty dinner.

Laughing she said ok.

It took two months in the making, but Jesse did make dinner for Marty and Gage, inviting them over for a sumptuous meal, sure it was only spaghetti and garlic bread but that wasn't the point. Jesse liked spending time with them and having them in her life wasn't so much a want as it was a need. So she indulged herself in their friendship and eventually brought out an oreo pie to cap off the evening.

Gage's eyes grew round as he stared at his plate. The first bite he quite literally growled in pleasure.

Jesse poked him, "So should we leave you and your desert alone or what"?

He smirked licking his spoon.

Marty grinned at her, "This is heaven. I'm going to have to go with Gage's response on this."

Jesse laughed.

When the evening came to a decidedly late end Gage hugged her tight. "I loved the pie."

"I couldn't tell," she said playfully pushing him away. "Ya'll be careful on the ride home."

Marty hugged her bye then followed Gage.