Dresden

Marty blinked in surprise at finding Jesse out cold on her sofa. Smiling feeling somewhat rested she headed to the kitchen to make breakfast only to find Gage standing there looking lost.

"What did you tell Jesse?"

Still uncertain about his mood Marty tread carefully. "Nothing, she, she called yesterday said I sounded stressed and asked what I needed. I asked her if she would come and make dinner that's all."

"You didn't tell her about me, nothing?"

Marty shook her head. "She said that she hadn't visited cause you needed to heal, then she told me to take a glass of wine and go to bed that she'd come and cook. So I did."

Gage nodded.

Tilting her head she said, "I'll start breakfast if you're hungry."

Again he nodded, not certain what had gotten into Jesse.

She awoke to the smell of cooking, but that couldn't be right, she lived alone. Her fog covered brain took a few more minutes to process that she wasn't home, but had obviously fallen asleep somewhere else.

Stretching she moved slowly from her place on the sofa, then headed toward the kitchen.

"Hi."

Marty turned and gave her a hug. "Thank you for coming, but you didn't have to stay."

"Gage and I have a few things we need to get done, so it was probably best that I did."

His cousin turned to look at him curiously.

He shrugged not knowing what she had in mind.

Eggs, bacon and biscuits later, the sated group finally started moving from the breakfast table to begin their day.

Jesse looked at her friend closely then announced, "Marty, I'm going to be spending the day with Gage, so feel free to do whatever you want and don't make dinner he won't be here to eat it."

With that she turned to Gage saying, "Come on marine, we've got errands to run."

A blush filled his face, "I uh can't tie my tennis shoes." Only the backs of his hands and fingers were burned but it greatly limited their dexterity and the taut skin hurt when he flexed them.

Jesse nodded. "I'll help you." With that she walked to the hallway closet, got them and put them on him securing them neatly before coming to her feet. "Now then let's go, oh don't forget to get your military id, we need to get on base."

With a grunt he grabbed his wallet and followed her to the car.

"Where are we going Jesse?"

"We're going to get that mop you call hair taken care of."

He nodded, feeling, well happy he guessed.

It didn't take long just thirty minutes to get in and get out but he did feel a lot better.

"Now where to," he asked feeling lighter already.

"You tell me, where do you go for pt?"

He frowned giving her directions.

As she suspected there was a gym with a machine just made for running and walking. Perfect.

Jesse led the way into the room then told him to get on the machine and start walking.

Ten minutes into it he was bored and upped the program to a slow run which had him out of breath much quicker than he had expected. Yep he was definitely out of shape. Forty-five minutes into the slow run and dragging tale, Jesse called a halt to his efforts.