Chapter 3

You were standing in a bright, white, misty void. You subconsciously began to walk straight, not even thinking about where you are going. As you were walking, your Pj's faded away and was replaced by a gorgeous (Dress, Tux, etc), your hair turned into a beautiful style, and you found nothing odd about it. You continued to walk, as you felt your bare feet become covered with a pair of (heels, flats, etc.). You walked for a few more moments until you saw standing some 20 feet away, Donnie was standing, facing west. He was wearing an amazing tux; that almost made your heart beat out of your chest, he was so handsome. He stood there with a smile on his face, like he was lost in thought. You wanted to walk to him but your legs stood still. You grew confused and tried to call out to Donnie but nothing came out. You tried again to move and call out when you heard footsteps.

You looked to the west side and emerging from the mist was April. She was wearing a one shoulder purple chiffon goddess evening formal dress; her hair was done in a back bun and she wore sliver heels. She was approaching Donnie. Donnie met her halfway, with a blown away look on his face at how beautiful she looked. You began to panic as you watched April smile and kiss Donnie on the cheek. You again tried to get their attention by again trying to shout while clapping your hands together as hard as possible only for it to be silent.

You watched as April took Donnie's hand and placed it on her waist, as she placed her hand back on his shoulder, she took his free hand with her other hand in a finger-entwined hold. They both looked into each other's eyes as they began to dance around the room. Grief overtook you as you watched them. You felt tears well up in your eyes. You again tried to call out to them only to hear music began to play. It sounded familiar, you heard it on the radio a few days back, it was Jolene by Dolly Parton. Hearing the music, your voice came back and you subconsciously began to sing.

April, O'Neil,

April, O'Neil!

I'm begging of you please don't take my man.

April, O'Neil,

April, O'Neil!

Please don't take him just because you can.

April and Donnie were completely oblivious to your singing, you continued to watch helplessly.

Your beauty is beyond compare, with flaming locks of orange hair,

With ivory skin, and eyes blue like the sea.

Your smile is like a breath of spring, your voice is soft like summer rain,

And I cannot compete with you,

O'Neil.

He talks about you in his sleep, there's nothing I can do to keep from crying,

When he calls your name, O'Neil.

And I can easily understand, how you could easily take my man

But you don't know what he means to me

O'Neil.

April, O'Neil,

April, O'Neil!

I'm begging of you please don't take my man.

April, O'Neil,

April, O'Neil!

Please don't take him just because you can.

You already have your man, (Casey)

But I could never love again,

He's the only one for me,

O'Neil.

April removed her hand that was holding Donnie's and had both hands lay on each shoulder, than both hands slid behind his neck as Donnie now had both of his hands on her waist.

I had to have this talk with you,

My happiness depends on you and whatever,

You decide to do,

O'Neil.

April, O'Neil,

April, O'Neil!

I'm begging of you please don't take my man.

April, O'Neil,

April, O'Neil!

Please don't take him even though you can.

You saw April close her eyes as she leaned in to kiss Donnie. Tears began to fall down your face.

O'Neil

O'Neil!

Your eyes flew open with a gasp; you were still in bed, still in your Pj's; it was just a dream. You sat up and sighed with relief. This is stupid, why are you so afraid of April liking Donnie, it's obvious she likes Casey, they are bound to date sooner or later, maybe your just afraid Donnie will never like you the way he likes April. Too stressed to fall back to sleep, you got up, got dressed, washed up and headed to the kitchen to see what was for breakfast. "Morning (Y/N)!" Mikey said. "How's your back?" Donnie asked. "It's fine." You replied. You prepared yourself (breakfast item) and sat down with the guys, making constant glances at Donnie as you ate. "I hope you will fall for me." You thought hopefully. "Maybe we just need to do something together, other than homework." Leo clicked on the T.V to watch the news before Space Heroes. The newsman said it was supposed to be crystal clear tonight, a perfect night for star gazing. "I know! I'll ask Donnie to help me pick out constellations tonight!" You thought excitedly. As you finished your breakfast, Donnie left to work in the lab; a perfect time to ask him. You cleared your spot and walked to the lab. You knocked. "Come in!" Donnie called. You entered.