Ending

It was black, the sick feeling was still there but dulled. It was as if you weren't unconscious, but in a deep, foggy daze. You didn't know if it was better to stay there or to try to wake up. You heard a whisper, but didn't make it out. You heard it again but louder and it was calling your name. The third call snapped you awake.

Everything came into vision as you heard your name being said in a concerned voice. You made eye contact with Donnie who was kneeling beside you; his hand supporting your head and other hand wrapped around your back as he held you up in a sitting position. "Are you okay, what are you doing out here?" He asked as he rose up and helped you to your feet. The feelings of heartache came flooding back.

"I-I just came out for some fresh air." You answered voice trembling. "I can tell you've been crying." He said softly. "What's wrong?" He asked placing his hand on your cheek. Even though he has done this a few times tonight, your heat still rushes to your face. "Nothing." You said voice cracking. Tears threatened to spill. Donnie frowned. "Did someone inside give you a hard time, I'm sorry I wasn't there to help." He said apologetically. "He's sorry... He's sorry?" You thought as you looked at him and his sad eyes looking back into yours. You sighed and placed your hand on top of his. "I'm the one who should apologize." You replied. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I've always considered you as my close friend Donnie, I have never met anyone like you, so incredibly intelligent, gentle, and caring and protective; you are a truly amazing person. I've grown to accept and even love your flaws to the point that I think you don't have flaws at all. I soon realized that I would day dream about you often and then it progressed to that I was eating and sleeping poorly. I grew so aware of your presence, and I wanted to find every chance I could to be around you, wanting to impress you as much as I can. I wanted to convince myself that it would go away, only for the feelings to grow more and more until I didn't know what to do.

You looked at Donnie who was flushing pink and eyes slightly wide.

"For a very long time, I wanted to tell you how much I like you, but I couldn't because I knew how much you were head over heels for April, so I kept my mouth shut, I grew jealous of how much time you spent with April, and when I found out she asked you to the masquerade I grew so anxious and scared and when I saw her lean in to...to...was too much to bear and I ran out." You admitted. Tears escaped your eyes as you began to tremble. Donnie quickly wiped away your tears. "(Y/N), what you saw with me and April was true." He took your face in his hands and looked into your eyes. "But please hear me out, there is much more to what happened than what you saw."

*A while ago when April leaned her face closer to Donnie's*

"April what are you doing?" He asked turning his head away. April pulled back confused. "What's wrong Donnie?" She asked. "I thought we were here as friends?" He replied. "I thought you liked me?" She said. They both let go of each other and Donnie sighed. "I like you as a friend, I'm not romantically interested." He explained. "Not anymore at least." April pointed out. Donnie grew slightly stiff as he looked at her. "I always knew that you like me Donnie, but something happened when you stopped and thought to yourself, "Do I like April still?" When did it happen?" She asked. Donnie looked down and stayed silent. "Have you fallen for (Y/N)?" She asked. Donnie's face grew red. "What do you like about (Y/N)?" She asked. "(Y/N) is incredibly beautiful, she is so protective, caring, courageous, and talented; I just cannot find anything wrong with (Y/N). She is just so amazing." He smiled. "There's that face." April said. "Huh?" "Whenever you talk about (Y/N), you get a soothing, content look on your face." April pointed out. "Am I that obvious?" Donnie asked shyly. "Maybe to us, but I don't think (Y/N) has realized how much you like her." She said. "I was afraid to show that I was interested in her because I thought she would reject me." "I don't think you realize how completely head over heels she is for you, I mean have you noticed any of the signs?" She said. Donnie thought for several moments until his eyes grew wide. "I have to talk to her." He said finally. "Yes, you should." April said smiling. They both headed back to the table, but saw that you weren't there. "Where is she?" Donnie asked. "Hey, isn't that her mask?" April pointed to the mask on the floor in front of the outside doors. Donnie went over and scooped up the mask. "She must be outside." He said. "You go talk to her, I'll be here." April said. "By the way, was all this a plan?" He asked. April smiled wide. "I thought you just needed a little push." She replied innocently. Donnie smiled. "Thanks." He said as he went outside.

*Now*

You gazed at him in complete surprise. You could hardly believe everything you just heard. Donnie felt the same way....Donnie....felt the same way. Donnie placed his hands on your arms and made small circles on your shoulders with his thumbs. "I'm sorry to have caused you so much pain, I was scared." He apologized. "I was scared too." You said. You both smiled contently at each other.

Donnie leaned in and gave you a kiss on the cheek. Unable to control yourself any further you hungrily pressed your lips against his. He was surprised but he kissed you back. After so long, Donnie, the genius turtle you have loved was finally yours. You kissed him with the longing, the passion and the love you had for him, and he handled it. His hands on your back as he slowly rubbed circles, and your arms wrapped around his neck. After a few minutes, you both pulled back, as a couple of stray tears slid down your cheek. "What's wrong?" He asked kissing the tears away. "Just happy I guess." You said. "Yeah, me too." He said. You both held each other lovingly for a while, forgetting all about the reason they were here in the first place. For now, it is calm, both hearts content, just needed a moment longer together to make the night more perfect than it already is.