Chapter 2:Reunited

I've been sitting in the waiting room for the emergency room waiting for Kristia to be brought in for about 5 minutes now. An ambulance finally pulls up and I run outside. The doors open and I see my daughter, unconscious, on a stretcher.
"Oh my gosh. No, no, no! Kristia wake up please!" I scream.
I try to follow them inside but they don't let me.
"Are you Mrs. Parrilla?"
I nod my head and turn around. I see a young police officer walking towards me. He starts talking.
"My name is Officer Rogers. I'm the one that's been working on your daughters case. She used my phone earlier to call you."
"Thank you so much for finding her. Can you tell me what happened just barely? Why wouldn't they let me in with them?"
"I can't tell you why they wouldn't let you in because I don't know either. However, I can tell you what happened on the way here. She had to hang up on you because her vitals had dropped to a dangerously low level and the paramedics had to figure out what was wrong with her. Right after she ended the call with you she became unconscious. I'm sorry. That's all I know," he tells me.
     "Thank you do much."

     I've been sitting in the waiting room with Officer Rogers for about half an hour now. It's been quiet for most of the time.
     "Parrilla family?" a voice says.
     I quickly stand up and walk over to the doctor.
     "I'm Mrs. Parrilla," I State.
     "Relation to Kristia Parrilla?"
     "I'm her mom," I reply.
     "Follow me please," the doctor says.
     He starts to walk away and I follow him. He stops outside of a hospital room.
     "I'm Doctor Menken. I'm going to tell you what's wrong with your daughter before you go in. She's been unconscious for the past few days. She only woke up today. She didn't have enough nutrients in her and that's why she passed out earlier on the way here. She's awake now, but I need her to stay overnight to make sure that she's okay. If she does fine overnight then she can be released in the morning. Do you understand?"
     I nod my head slowly and Doctor Menken opens he door. I slowly walk into the room and see Kristia watching Once Upon a Time on the tv.
     "It's too bad the hospital has this show," I say jokingly.
     She pauses the show and turns around.
     "Mom!" She gasps.
     I walk over to her and giver her a hug. Then my phone buzzes. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Fred calling.
     "Hello?"
     "Lana, thank you for answering. I just got a call from the Vancouver Police Department saying that they found Kristia. Is that true?"
     "Yeah, yeah it is Fred."
     "Where is she?" he asks.
     I hand the phone over to Kristia.
     "Hi dad," she says. "Yeah, I'm alright. I promise. Vancouver General Hospital. Wait, really? Oh my gosh! I'm going to put you on speaker so you can tell mom," she exclaims. "Okay Dad. Tell mom."
     "Lana honey, I'm in Vancouver. I'm about 10 minutes away from being at the hospital. The boys are with me. We were going to surprise you at the house, then we got the call and immediately pulled to the side of the road and called you. We're on our way now. We'll see you soon," he says.
     "That's amazing. See you soon I guess. Love you Fred," I tell him.
     "Love you too Lana. Love you Kristia."
     "Love you too dad."
     She hangs up the phone. Just under 10 minutes later there's a knock on the hospital room door. I get up and walk over to it. I open it and see Fred, the boys, and somebody I definitely didn't expect to see. I give them all hugs and let them in. The surprise guest stays out of Kristina's sight while Fred and the boys greet her.
     "Kristia, there's actually somebody else here to see you."
     The surprise guest walks into her view and holds his arms out.
     "It's me!"
     "Oh my gosh! Jared!"
     Let me explain, before season six of Once Upon a Time ended, Jared and Kristia became really good friends in result of her coming to set with me so often. They haven't seen each other since Jared filmed his last episode for the show. That's why they're so excited to see each other right now.
     Jared runs to her and they hug. The rest of the evening is filled with laughter, talking about memories, and playing games. Sadly Jared has to film a scene for Once Upon a Time in the morning and had to leave early so he could get enough sleep. Fred convinced me to go home with the boys, rest for the night, and that he would stay overnight at the hospital with Kristia. I didn't want to, but I wasn't in the mood to argue with him, so I gave in and went home.