Chapter 3

I'm back to where I was yesterday. Why am I here? I don't want to be here. A door opens and I look around. I see Lucian. Why is it always him? I try to talk but I can't.
     "Good luck trying to talk. You won't be able to scream, and this is going to hurt. Oh, this is going to be the worst pain you've ever felt," he says sinisterly while walking towards me.
     I know what coming. I shake my head. I try to tell him to stop. I don't want to go through this. Not again. He chuckles and makes the first hit. He knows what he's doing and he doesn't care. He doesn't care at all. He keeps hitting me. He doesn't care how much I'm trying to fight it."
     I feel Two strong hands on my arms.
     "Kristia, Kristia wake up."
     I snap into reality and open my eyes. I curl into a ball, trying to protect myself.
     "Kristia, I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."
     I slowly look up and see Fre...dad, I mean dad. I still stay in my position, even when I know and trust dad. I just can't take any risks. He notices my hesitation.
     "Kristia, it's okay. You're okay. You can trust me," he says.
     He tried to get me out of my position that I'm in but I don't let him.
     "Okay, you don't have to. I won't make you."
     He slowly grabs my hand. He's a little surprised that I let him do that. He starts to sub circles in the back of my hand with his thumb. He takes my other hand and does the same thing. I put my head on his shoulder. He kisses the top of my head and runs his hand through my hair.
     "Dad?"
     "Yeah?"
     "Good," I say. "You're still here.
     "I'll always be here for you Kristia."
     "Thank you."
     "You're welcome. Now, get some rest. You're going home in a few hours. Oh yeah, and happy birthday."
     I smile and close my eyes again. I don't have anymore nightmares that night.

     I wake up and see mom and dad talking quietly on the couch. It almost looks like they're arguing. I pretend I'm still asleep while trying to hear what they're arguing about.
     "You can't go to work today Lana. It's our daughter's birthday. We just got her back. She's coming home today too. You can't go back to work!" Fred whispers loudly.
     "I know and I'm sorry. I didn't think we would have her back on her birthday. Adam and Eddy are saying that I can't take anymore days off of filming. I'm sorry! I don't have a choice. This is the one day we could get everyone at the same place at the same time. They've filmed all of the scenes without me in them. If they want to air the episodes on schedule then I have to go film my scenes. The specific scene we're filming today is the last scene of the season. Possibly even the series. Jen, Josh, Ginny, Jared, and Emilie are all able to some back for his one scene today at the same time. I'm going whether you like it or not Fred."
     "Dad, it's okay. She can go. This must be really important. We can celebrate my birthday another day. I promise," I say while sitting up.
     I look at them and they're looking at me in shock.
     "I'm so sorry Kristia. I didn't want you to find out like this. I'm sorry. I have to go now. I can't be late again today. I hope you can understand that."
     I nod my head. She slowly walks out the door. I don't even say goodbye or tell her to have a good day like I used to. I just let her leave. It's not like me, and even I know that.