|46|

{MxM Sexual Content}

❄️

~Year 2091-Spring-

Withdrawing the cellphone from my pocket, I warily glance at the display screen. Furrowing my brows a moment before sliding the screen open and asking, "Yes?"

"I believe Rose will allow Marc to claim her tonight," Dante's voice is hard on the other side of the line. Standing from the bed in the secret room, I walk toward one of the branching passageway entrances before halting.

It's been difficult...I won't lie as Rose runs free and spends more time with Marc. She's grown closer to him and he's changed for her...

"How do you know..." my voice trails off and I rub my forehead with irritation, "...wait, where are you?!"

Dante chuckles and releases a sigh, "Oh, I just wanted to pay her a visit...that's all."

"You're still on my grounds...aren't you?" I shake my head with defeat.

"Of course," he pauses a moment before asking, "care for a little chat?"

A few moments go by before I return, "No...not really," after pausing a moment I inform him, "I have Taft visiting for a meeting tomorrow night..."

"It's not a request," Dante's voice darkens and I feel that through the cell phone. I'm frustrated...angry that I allowed this to happen with her...that I let my brother play me to keep his whore. My beloved deserves better and perhaps...I shouldn't be in her life after unlocking her dormant vampire gene...

...after all...I've used her, maybe it's only best she returns the favor and leaves.

"Then why bother asking in the first place?" The irritation rises as I continue to hear the amusement in his chuckle, walking further down one of the passageways leading out to the side portion of the estate.

Dante responds with sarcasm laced in his words, "Seems you don't realize how much of an affect it has on others when you play games with them. You make it appear as if they have choices when in fact, you're guiding them where you want them to be with little to no regard for their feelings or their wants."

"What the hell do you even want?!" I growl out lowly, the stone shifting slightly and revealing the estate grounds before me...along with Dante standing a few feet away.

He ends the call and slides his phone into his pocket. By the way he's dressed, I can tell it was in a hurry as if he'd been...

"Were you..." my voice trails off and Dante glances down at himself. He rolls his eyes before buttoning the last two buttons on his dark shirt before tucking it into his pants.

A second later he retorts, "I was shifted you asshole..."

"Oh, so I didn't realize you were allowed to come and go as you please on my grounds and visit my beloved..." my voice is dangerous, as there isn't any other way he'd know whatever Rose is allowing Marc to do with her tonight.

"I could take her for myself..." Dante's eyes reflect a golden tint and he nods in the direction of the passageway I'd come through. I continue to narrow my eyes at him as I step back and allow him to follow me through the tunnel after shutting the entryway. When Dante feels the tension growing between us he reiterates, "...though I won't because I actually consider Marc and your feelings...though she may bond with the two of you against my better judgement, it's her choice to make as I made mine with my own mates."

With my guard up, we walk down the passageway until we come back to the room I've been using while Kev walks free in my place. As Dante glances around the space he says, "Charming...though I'm glad to see you haven't lost touch with the outside world allowing your brother to deceive Rose."